Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scott.

Cheap website hosting plus easy site builder
« on: January 08, 2006, 03:14:30 pm »
Dont know how many of you guys have websites, or shy away from the prospect...but I came across these guys, and It's the best deal I've come across so far..  www.streamline.net   £13.99 a year for hosting, and you can design a site there..(flash) if you want, for £2 per annum...exelant value!!
I currently pay £70 a year...That'll change soon.

CARPET KNIGHTS

Re: Cheap website hosting plus easy site builder
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 03:28:04 pm »
They host my site. I have the unlimited site as i have other things on my site. And they are very good! been with them for a while now and had excellent service from them!  8)

Cheers Goron

BRSL

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 03:50:38 pm »
Im with 1 & 1 and now realise that its a con unless you can utalise it fully which I cant, but if I changed my host how do I take my site with me

James
W - www.brsl.co.nz
E - james@brsl.co.nz

Kind regards James C

CARPET KNIGHTS

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 03:58:36 pm »
You need to download the site onto your computer and then upload it to your new host!

Cheers Goron

magic_carpet

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 04:41:38 pm »
you also have to ask them to release the" ISP tag"
as with cheap sites this can become a problem.  you should also ask how much storage they put into what size server as to much slows thing down alot.
i only know this because i've a friend who hosts but he's so expensive ! but he told me what to ask of cheap sites.

good luck

Phoenix

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 10:24:58 am »
Why don't you try this site?  IT'S FREE if your with WANADOO

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk

Has up to 8 pages that you can design yourself update and amend when ever you like.  I am currently updating/designing mine at the moment

*Chris Browne

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 10:37:46 am »
Dont know how many of you guys have websites, or shy away from the prospect...but I came across these guys, and It's the best deal I've come across so far..  www.streamline.net   £13.99 a year for hosting, and you can design a site there..(flash) if you want, for £2 per annum...exelant value!!
I currently pay £70 a year...That'll change soon.

Hi

doe's that include your domain name? if so thats brilliant, i have a few sites all with easyspace cost £25 a year to host plus that includes a free domain name for two years

chris

www.scsf.co.uk

tony harrison

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 01:22:40 pm »
 Scot,

I have used that company for 3 years for my private holiday villa site and I think the service is great.

I constructed this site in under 2 hrs ( www.ourvillainthesun.com ) it has worked for me.

Phoenix

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2006, 01:51:26 pm »
Chris

Yes it does.

cleaning co

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2006, 02:04:31 pm »
hi really thick when it comes to computers ;D  help ! lol  i when on this site and sighned up for free trial and got my web site name but how do i make the web page ? were do igo what do i click on ?

scott.

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 03:55:39 pm »
Chris
123-reg do cheap domain names. and I think streamline do a free changeover too..I bought one from them for £1.95 a year....one job, and its payed for ;D

scott.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 04:06:56 pm »
Cleaning co
I think you gotta sign up and pay before you get access to the tools...not sure..But you can muck about with the flash intro pages on there...It allows you to do that.