Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

see clear lee

flojet or shurflo ?
« on: November 14, 2009, 02:05:19 pm »
just wondering if there is any difference between both of these at 100psi and can the flojet be used with a digi varistream?

krave

Re: flojet or shurflo ?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 02:30:09 pm »
I have bought a Flojet & Ecoflo from gardiners. Flojet has been alot more recomended and are apparently very good.

windowswashed

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 03:43:13 pm »
Flojet much more reliable than shureflo anyday.

Steve CM

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 03:44:38 pm »
i've used both flojet and shurflo and really i can't tell much difference apart from the price of a shurflo is about half.

my flojet was a lot more noisy

krave

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 04:10:43 pm »
Gardiners do a 100psi Flojet Triplex for about £85 all in. With free delivery.

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 05:12:58 pm »
I don't know if this info is still current but sureflow would not honour the guarantee if it was used with smaller bore hose but flojet would.  Speaks for itself i think.

neil100

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 07:51:51 pm »
Never had a sureflo so I cant comment on them.

I use flowjet pumps and I am very happy with them.I have been useing one 60psi flowjet for 4 years and its never let me down.My other 60psi pump gave up on me about 6 weeks ago and so I bought the new triple chamber 100psi flowjet pump from cleaning spot. The pump is totally stonking. the pumps are each  connected to 100 mtr microbore hose.

My 60psi pump is supposed to be able to pump at about 6.4 ltrs a min max.It pumps it out at 2.1 ltrs a min with no digital controller. Now my new triple chamber pump as a max flow rate of 5.4 ltrs a min. In reality in use it pumps out 4ltrs a min through 100mtr Microbore.

I am waiting to fit a Digital controller as I am useing to much water. I have re plumped as a temparaey measure both reels running off just the one 100psi pump. So its pumping through 200mtr Microbore hose and it still averages over 3 ltrs a min through both hoses.

It was designed for wfp and Microbore hose. Its truly stonking,Its quiter as well then my 60psi pump.But I like the pump noiseyasI know its wotking.

Neil

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2009, 11:33:53 pm »
Doing a simple search on the forum for 'pump problem' will tell you all you need to know about the 2 pumps.
Shurflo makes up the vast majority. Guesstimating, but i wouldn't be suprised if as much as 95% of the problems posted are about shurflo.