Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

How good are gutter Vac's, truthfully.
« on: November 13, 2009, 08:09:33 pm »
Some of you have cameras attached to the end, or cameras for a before and after video for the customer,

so some must work,

but i cant help thinking , for the average gutter vac...... can they possibly be strong enough to do most gutter cleans?

i was looking at the gutters of a bungalow today, and there was a garden in there,

now i know they cant handle that, and its a scoop out with hand and tools and a bin liner..

so are we talking about the nice easy gutters, with a few leaves in?

if thats the case.... are customers likely to ring if they are " nearly clean"?
I dont clean out gutters , but i get asked by some customers...

and some are absolutely minging and clogged,

surely a gutter vac can only be used on nice clean...semi dirty gutters.

Im only asking because i dont clean them ,as i dont carry double ladders with me nowadays.... only a telescopic ladder for conservatory roofs...as my work is 100% wfp now.

but i would invest if thought they work on 99% of gutters , but i dont think they can.

you may prove me wrong

Petrol powered leaf blowers/suckers are being converted to gutter vac.... but what happens when they suck all the water out,

then the bag will be clogged....and ruined in no time...

Can anyone enlighten me please.? ;D

ftp

Re: How good are gutter Vac's, truthfully.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 08:21:04 pm »
First off you don't have a bag in them - they are bagless when sucking water. They haven't a hope in hell as being as good as cleaning by hand but they will remove mud/sand/moss and leaves quite effectively and even remove the odd broken tile. They won't remove green algae or unblock an 's' bend particularly well. This is why you really need a pressure washer too to flush out the downpipes. They can block now and again and probably work best in dry conditions.
Biggest selling point is almost no use of ladders required and a very clean method of working.
Bad points: can be expensive for residential work and requires a lot of space and a huge amount of kit. Bit like wfp really.
I have a diy version and like it but still need the odd ladder climb now and again.

Blue Frog Systems

Re: How good are gutter Vac's, truthfully.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 08:34:24 pm »
Any details on the diy version ftp ? would you mind emailing specs.... pretty please :)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

ftp

Re: How good are gutter Vac's, truthfully. New
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 08:37:59 pm »
Same as MrH posted on here some time ago. Same vac as omni were using last year except I use Superlight pole sections for the tubes. I'll have a rummage a minute.

Similar to this:   http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=51156.0