Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Murdie window cleaning

Just had to issue a disaplinary
« on: November 13, 2009, 09:00:32 pm »
To mysef......

Stupid idiot that I am. When I went round to clean the back of the property I went into the garden of the one next door and cleaned there bloody windows. The customer phoned me up asking had I missed there sitting room window, I was certain that I'd done the lot (and the dirt would be on the inside), so I said I'll pop round and have a look. I pull up behind the row of houses only to see my custie standing in HER garden and not the one I had been in.

Doh. please tell me it happens to you all ;D

South Coast Cleaning Services

Re: Just had to issue a disaplinary
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 09:03:44 pm »
Nope not me lol, but im sure its happened to plenty of others after reading some storys on here  ;D

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 09:20:00 pm »
This happens when you first start up.  I once cleaned the wrong house THREE times; I kid you not!  Its a long boring story and if I explained it, it would seem plausable; and it actually happened.

Blue Frog Systems

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 09:21:33 pm »
Done similar on a few occasions now.

First i got the wrong house number.... i read 28 instead of 29. Turns out both women had the same surname and were related

Secondly i cleaned the upstairs of a house (front) and a guy sticks his head out and says cheers mate, but im not paying. I stopped and realised it was next doors i was supposed to clean. anyway i left it as just upstairs done on the wrong house and moved onto my customers. The guy came out saying it wasnt right i did the upstairs and not downstairs as he had some clean and some not. I offered to make them dirty, but he wouldnt have it.
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 09:29:25 pm »
The custie even said she wasn't sure about phoning me, but I told her I'm glad she did as I would have done the wrong house again the next time

mci services

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 09:37:38 pm »
dont worry it wont be the first time ;D ;D ive did it loads and on occasion gained a customer. once done the wrong windows on a flat for three months but custy still paid up because i cleaned the glass on the door so she always knew i had been as last w/c never did the door

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 10:51:40 pm »
I once did top and bottom of what looked like a house when I was only meant to be doing the upstairs (it was in my trad days).  It was two maisonettes.  Not sure how I managed it because I had cleaned there previously.  I must have been daydreaming I think.  The people downstairs were delighted to be getting a free clean.

jodan63

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 11:16:35 pm »
I cleaned a very large house once and instead of just oing the tops as i had the previous time , i merrily went around doing tops and bottoms . i was thinking to my self i dont remember cleaning that window before, or that one . was 3/4 round before i realised i was only suppose to clean the tops. Customer said i thought u were taking your time today ! Didnt pay me any extra though .

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2009, 12:06:05 am »
Did a job today,  5 out of 8 in a row of terraced flats, 3 on the bottom 2 on the top. second time doing them, but because of the set up of the flats I had to check with the customer that i hadn't missed any of hers or done any of the flat i don't do.

I think sometimes you hit auto pilot and just clean till there's no windows left :(

stephen s

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2009, 05:58:49 am »
happened to me 3 days in a row and on the 2nd day I cleaned a whole close ( 12  houses )   before it dawned on me.   I need to seek some professional help because after I cleaned the last house in the close the owner came out and pointed out that I wasn't a w/c  but a traffic warden and I was in full traffic warden uniform ?    how we both laughed when I remembered my mistake  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

glad he pointed it out to me as I was just about to strart a gutter clean  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

has this ever happened to you guys ?  ;D

cozy

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2009, 08:04:17 am »
See, it happens even to "Superstars " like us ;D Terraced houses are the worst for throwing you off track. Cleaned fronts of the odd ones then got out of sync at the back and cleaned all the even ones! DOH!. It's even worse if you don't notice that you have made a mistake.

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2009, 08:09:09 am »
Well I'm now either reasured or worried that were all a bit mad, got to go and rectify my error soon, before the wind and rain gets up  :D

Pole 2 Pole

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2009, 09:31:21 am »
happened to me 3 days in a row and on the 2nd day I cleaned a whole close ( 12  houses )   before it dawned on me.   I need to seek some professional help because after I cleaned the last house in the close the owner came out and pointed out that I wasn't a w/c  but a traffic warden and I was in full traffic warden uniform ?    how we both laughed when I remembered my mistake  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

glad he pointed it out to me as I was just about to strart a gutter clean  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Is Stephen takin the michael 'ere?  :-\

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 11:54:12 am »

Is Stephen takin the michael 'ere?  :-\
No bless him, hes on day release  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

jasonl

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 11:58:02 am »
Me and my mate ate all the biscuits and pop in his parents new caravan in Cornwall once, then found out later it was next doors caravan.  They were nice biscuits too!
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

martinsadie

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 01:54:12 pm »
get your customers to put an X in there windows then you know which ones  ;D ;D

amayze

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 03:25:10 pm »
I think you should skip the disciplinary, go straight for the sack, then sue for unfair dismissal.

I was going to say, you should flog yourself, twenty times, but I know you'd enjoy that and do that sort of thing most weekends anyway LOL !

Murdie window cleaning

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2009, 05:15:21 pm »
I think you should skip the disciplinary, go straight for the sack, then sue for unfair dismissal.

I was going to say, you should flog yourself, twenty times, but I know you'd enjoy that and do that sort of thing most weekends anyway LOL !

Who's been talking ;D

mci services

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2009, 10:29:13 pm »
i remember many years ago i went on the bevy and my mrs took the huff and locked me out. so i went round the back and climbed through a window into the kitchen. it wasnt till i got in the living room till i realised i was next door :o i had to quickly leave and do the same again at my house, only this time i knew straight away it was my house because i fell into the undone dishes ;D