Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Milltown Cleaning

a friend doing doorknocking?
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:49:37 am »
heres the story. My soon to be brother in law is out of work at the minute and bored lying round the house. My sister suggested he should cruise round in the van just for the craic.

This got me thinking, i need to do some canvassing, im not a fan of it!! He has the gift of the gab!

So i was wondering, does it work, does someone other than myself heading out door knocking on my behalf bring results? Will customers respond well if they are talking to someone other than the cleaner?

mlscontractcleaner

Re: a friend doing doorknocking?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 11:09:21 am »
Yes definately. It can also give the impression that you're a bigger firm than you are; having to employ canvassers and all that.

Come and talk dirty to us!!!

daz1977

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 11:24:44 am »
id go for it   you have nothing to lose, besides he might find his calling in life, and u can rent him out lol (to door knock)

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 11:30:32 am »
rite o sounds good1

so how would it work? would i train him to price windows, and tell him that i will price all other jobs?

and the important one - how would i pay him, bearing in mind that my funds arent massive?!

daz1977

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 11:41:50 am »
sset up a price structure, say 1 a window and door, con 5, then just ask him to price a few hiuse thst your r cleaning, to make sure he gets the prices right, either offer him a set wage cash in hand to begin with, or commish on every house he brings in

thats what i would do

david thomas

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 02:49:40 pm »
I've taken on my friend part time to clean windows as he lost his job, he wants  to door knock to build up my round to the point of having full time work would need around £1500 worth of work to make it viable how much should I pay him was going to get roundbuilders in but this may be a better way of getting the work

poleman

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 03:34:20 pm »
This is a good post!

I have been thinking of doing this myself as I have used the canvassing companies and got stung big time (taking them to court) but I still need more work, so it would be good to hear everyone's views on a friend or employ someone to door-knock...

Andy

david thomas

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2009, 03:43:15 pm »
I don't have the time at the moment to doorknock,don't want him to price the work just get the appointments and I'll go round and price the jobs how much should I pay him

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2009, 03:45:24 pm »
pay him nothing :) 1 quid from every house he gets you, seems fair enough to me :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'

david thomas

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2009, 03:55:28 pm »
Poleman.

Have you used a company called Roundbuilders

daz1977

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2009, 04:00:12 pm »
david thomas,

i take it that you need a extra 1500 for him, i would put him on half of the money for jobs he brings in  so say you and him get a extra 1000 a months worth of work, just employ him on those jobs and give him 500 a month for doing them,  as this might encourge him to get as much work as possible,  and then you still have you other work just for you

david thomas

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2009, 04:15:25 pm »
Was thinking along those lines I am fully booked up thats why I need his help but he needs a full time job would probaly set him up with a second van at a later date

thanks daz1977

poleman

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2009, 08:35:36 pm »
Poleman.

Have you used a company called Roundbuilders

No didnt use them! I used a local canvassing company call Direct Hit Marketing

Anyone know the going rate of employing someone to canvass on your behalf!  :-\

Andy

colley614

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 12:26:25 am »
I have been paying them the first clean

poleman

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 12:10:35 pm »
what so just on commission base's and not a hourly rate!

Andy

matt

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 12:17:40 pm »
dont these door knocking outfit who build rounds charge 3 X the clean

that seems the norm