Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

This bad weather is brilliant!
« on: November 15, 2009, 08:56:09 pm »
For re-scheduling my round and compacting my work. I've got such a big backlog that I can pick and choose my jobs to suit the areas I want to work in.

matt

Re: This bad weather is brilliant!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 08:57:24 pm »
about time  ;)

martinsadie

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2009, 08:57:52 pm »
For re-scheduling my round and compacting my work. I've got such a big backlog that I can pick and choose my jobs to suit the areas I want to work in.
join the club  ;D

NJ Services

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 09:00:49 pm »
its helping me out no ends. get alot of canvassing done now while compacting the round.

simon smith50

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 09:14:35 pm »
i agree .
lost a shed load of work and this bad weather is helping to focus the mind and look at the areas that i clean and canvass a completely different area for higher returns ,
re organise , re start the business and helping me not feel bad about not earning as rebuilding for a brighter future .
better work and home life , and all because its raining and very windy , life is great when you   have control of your own destiny .
now we're flying
flipper and pole all the way

Stephen Dwyer

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 03:08:18 pm »
I don't really understand what you guys are getting at.  How is it good that you have a back log of work that you are struggling to catch up with?  From what you are all hinting at it seems like you are loosing old work because you can't find the time to do customers that you have missed due to bad weather.  If you are loosing a lot of customers then surely that isn't good even if they are a bit underpriced?

I understand that you are trying to canvass new work but will you actually pick up enough new work to replace all the lost stuff, expecially considering that I imagine you are now charging higher prices so people are going to be less likely to accept your quotes? 

ftp

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 04:01:51 pm »
I don't really understand what you guys are getting at.  How is it good that you have a back log of work that you are struggling to catch up with?  From what you are all hinting at it seems like you are loosing old work because you can't find the time to do customers that you have missed due to bad weather.  If you are loosing a lot of customers then surely that isn't good even if they are a bit underpriced?

I understand that you are trying to canvass new work but will you actually pick up enough new work to replace all the lost stuff, expecially considering that I imagine you are now charging higher prices so people are going to be less likely to accept your quotes? 

What i'm getting at is that I have a round dotted about all over the place where areas are duplicated on different days of the month. I'm now forced to skip several customers due to the weather and pick them back up again with other customers in the same area see?

JRDEasiReach

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 04:11:24 pm »
I have a few customers like this that i go to on different times of the month, ill be using my xmas hols to sort that out and do them all in the one day :)
JRD Easi Reach
'The Ladderless Window Cleaning System'