Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

what temperature does your water leave the van at?

30-40C
21.4%
3 (21.4%)
40-50C
28.6%
4 (28.6%)
50-60C

0 (0%)
60-70C

0 (0%)
70-80C
50%
7 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Dave Turley

how hot are you?
« on: November 06, 2009, 05:43:39 pm »
the reason i ask is because i'm gonna get a 12v digital mixer valve, so got me to wondering what the most commonly used temperatures are.

if yours is fixed, what temperature would you most like to be able to use and why?

this could be quite interesting.

ps. when i was at windex in march, the ionics guy told me only one of their customers had ever broken a window with hot water!!!

I didn't beleive him as in the past I've broken 2, with my water leaving the van at 46C. (none for a year and a half though- if i'm gonna be on a pane for a while I turn my flow down to a trickle)

thanks

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

Re: how hot are you?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2009, 05:55:51 pm »
hi dave
so this is puzzle week then the answer to ya question to be honest i dow know but will seek a solution for ya soon dont think you can break windows with warm water boiling yes prob but unlikley though getting on well with me bakpk ad a few moaners semi detached hse in 10 mins marvlous mate 8) 

Dave Turley

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 06:08:35 pm »
hiya,

i've managed to break 2, so it is possible.

glad you're getting on ok with the backpack. i've been busy since the other week. i'm not too pushed next week, so i try to meet up with you.

gisbyr

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 06:10:08 pm »
ed thermopure for 2years never broke one!

Dave Turley

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 06:18:37 pm »
well done, maybe i was just unlucky when i first started using 46C. maybe those panes were tightly fitted (dg units)????????

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 07:09:02 pm »
It's a gentlemans agreement that we don't talk about it Dave because we don't want it to become an urban myth, but as you say, most have.Can't help with the temps sorry.

Dave Turley

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 07:16:11 pm »
oh..... nudge nudge, wink wink, secret handshake!   

no one asked me to join!!    ;D

A & J Owen Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 07:17:11 pm »
hi dave
yeh will do mate bin busy recently like to see you wfp setup looks great i will explane what i want out me bkpk got ideas need advice

Dave Turley

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 08:59:07 pm »
hiya, i'll give you some advice when i see you. not too much though as you're in the middle of my area!  ;D

Window Washers

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 09:29:24 pm »
and there was me thinking this post would be friday night exciting.....

:'(
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 09:38:10 pm »
ww on the constip/round post say how you set your work out.Do you do it last minutte in the morning? do you give the lads one sheet or more options? How do you decide what area to start in and where to finish?

You don't have to agree with anything i say, just give what you think without divulging anything commercially sensitive.

I do have my own ideas but i am also eager to learn and i think you are good at this.

Window Washers

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2009, 09:49:11 pm »
ww on the constip/round post say how you set your work out.Do you do it last minutte in the morning? do you give the lads one sheet or more options? How do you decide what area to start in and where to finish?

You don't have to agree with anything i say, just give what you think without divulging anything commercially sensitive.

I do have my own ideas but i am also eager to learn and i think you are good at this.
I will take that as a compliment  ;D done for you  ;)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Dave Turley

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2009, 09:59:30 pm »
hmmm... 50% 70-80C. keep voting. it's getting tropical in here!

Window Washers

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2009, 10:01:39 pm »
hmmm... 50% 70-80C. keep voting. it's getting tropical in here!
I have man flu, didnt know there was a tropical man flu  ???

dave.e

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2009, 10:09:35 pm »
the reason i ask is because i'm gonna get a 12v digital mixer valve, so got me to wondering what the most commonly used temperatures are.

if yours is fixed, what temperature would you most like to be able to use and why?

this could be quite interesting.

ps. when i was at windex in march, the ionics guy told me only one of their customers had ever broken a window with hot water!!!

I didn't beleive him as in the past I've broken 2, with my water leaving the van at 46C. (none for a year and a half though- if i'm gonna be on a pane for a while I turn my flow down to a trickle)

thanks

look after that pole mate

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 10:22:28 pm »
The slower the water goes through the heater, the hotter the water will be up to the maximum setting fixed by the heater unit. So in theory, if you work faster with a higher flow rate, the cooler the water will be as it's not being heated to it's full potential at the desired flow rate/time by the heater.

It's not how long you spend on the glass, but your flow rate/time at the heater that makes the water too hot for the glass if your thermostat is set very high on cold mornings.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 10:35:23 pm »
Phew I was nearly tempted with a hot water add on, don't think I'll bother now.
If it breaks glass through expansion/shock what could it be doing to sealed units Hmmm.     
Sussex by the sea

Dave Turley

Re: how hot are you? New
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2009, 10:49:39 am »
The slower the water goes through the heater, the hotter the water will be up to the maximum setting fixed by the heater unit. So in theory, if you work faster with a higher flow rate, the cooler the water will be as it's not being heated to it's full potential at the desired flow rate/time by the heater.

It's not how long you spend on the glass, but your flow rate/time at the heater that makes the water too hot for the glass if your thermostat is set very high on cold mornings.

with my thermostatic mixer valve, the water always comes out at the same temperature regardless of the flow?