Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

therapist

Re: Allergy Show
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2005, 07:50:31 pm »
OK Chris

I think we agree, that effective cleaning is essential and avoiding marking,or damaging , is pretty important
So, another option..........

I have a powerfull, industrial vacuum, with water filtration, which traps everything that it sucks up.

My machine has  Hot Solvent capability which is great for Mattresses / Curtains / Rugs.......

If I can then treat these items, after cleaning with something that will kill any bugs which I might have missed and.........protect the items against spills and.........remain active for 12 months or more, to kill emerging bugs.

Oh, nearly forgot........advise my client about the importance of 'airing' the house, vacuuming the carpets, mattresses, drapes regularly and calling me out every six months for a maintenance clean.

Am I not giving a fabulous service which will promote heathier living and control the cause and the triggers which cause Asthma and Airborne Allergies, because this is what I do and have been doing for several years.

r m

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2005, 10:28:06 pm »
You are  ;D

Hopefully your marvelous service will include a spray for the customers use, to continue the fight against airborne allergens.

Seems we may be on the same side after all  ;)

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2005, 10:50:31 pm »
its strange for me to stay but i have heard reports from a customer who says its good ron
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

Derek_Walker

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2005, 11:16:44 pm »
Ron,

What you are saying is true as far as dust mites are concerned

Airing the house would not be any use for someone who suffers from hayfever / pollen, they would normally be advised to keep their windows closed., especially in the summer months.

Also as a matter of interest, a survey showed that even people who did not have pets in their house, still had pet allergens in their carpets

therapist

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2005, 11:48:14 pm »
I don't intend to be a party to pettyness, so this is my final comment on this thread.

I have already stated the '  tried and tested ' method, ie.......plenty of air flowing through the building.

Ref' your comments about the spray to combat airborne allergens. Read the above paragraph and consider, what results from the daily use of a water filtration vacuum.

r m

Derek

Think you're confusing Rob with Ron. I'm the former and I'm very aware of the problems caused by allergens having witnessed my father suffer for years and my brother die at 34 from an Asthma attack, which, incidentally, was brought on by a build up of stress, following a confrontation at work.

R M

« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2005, 11:51:17 pm »
im ron therapist and you have knowledge that i dont ron
listen,learn.and benefit. try. reward.and love, peace harmony.feng shui. and all that. it improves ones selling .to ones customers.reap THE HARVEST WHILST YOU CAN. and try to crush the opposition.

cleanmac

« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2005, 01:02:22 am »
To Doug and Therapist, why don't you stop query the latest gospel,why not join and become an evangalical convert for the Allergy cause?The benefits are great,anyone with a snotty nose, during the pollen season,is now your repeat customer.
BTW there is  no need to have a fancy medical qualifacation,you wanna make money,a sales seminar and good looking stickers on your van will suffice.

To all yous with the chip on the shoulder.......knock knock.

S Stirrer.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2005, 07:21:51 am »
Cleanmac,

This has become a good thread because of reasoned debate.

People are far more likely to be convinced by this than by Ya Boo type comments.

You will probably find a lot of CC's following the AS debate with interest.

Cheers,

Doug

therapist

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2005, 08:11:37 am »
I know you're Ron,Ron.. and I make no claims to having greater knowledge than anyone else.

It's what we do with the knowledge, we have that's important.

I could introduce another method of bug control, into the thread, but I'm not attempting to knock any particular product. Niether am I attempting to endorse any particular product.

Yes I've mentioned a couple of products which I use, with success, allied to lifestyle changes.

There are other causes of Asthma and Allergies than what's in the air and yes I'm aware that by controlling, or partially controlling air quality some people will benefit.

I am also very aware of the business opportunity for some, through taking on and promoting healthy home type products. There's nothing new in that and I could be accused of doing the same with water filtration.

What a forum like this should be used for, is the discussion of c /c's experiences and discoveries.

We should always be open to new ideas, methods,opportunities, but we don't have to ram them down other peoples throats.

If you do, you will find resistence and argument and you might lose.

HAPPY DAYS

Rob m...........( not Ron )

Derek_Walker

« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2005, 06:46:59 pm »
Rob

The B & N are next to each other on the key board, it was a slip of the key stroke.

What you are saying is correct, there are many triggers for allergies and as you have stated stress is one of them. I was speaking to a client today who has a stress related allergic reaction. He has just been through a court case and various other family difficulties, which has brought on asthma attacks. At all other times he is okay.

I am only interested in reasoned debate.

therapist

« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2005, 07:23:43 pm »
Evening Derek

Hope that's what I contribute to

Robbbbbbb   M