Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

krave

Being too expensive
« on: November 16, 2009, 05:10:04 pm »
Do any of you find you go to work and whilst doing the job think you have over charged.

This has come with alot of threads about undercharging and prices etc, and whilst I do have a few little peices of underpriced work, I am finding myself looking at the jobs I am doing somethimes and thinking I have overcharged.

On these properties my customers dont have a problem, pay fine, on time and all have a good chat, but the last few times I have felt like it should be cheaper. I priced a bit high at the beggining to make sure I was never too cheap and ensure quality. I will not go in lowering prices as I think that is bit of a silly move, but still find myself thinking I should. Has any one else found ther selfs in this situation.??

Re: Being too expensive
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 05:19:18 pm »
If you have priced at a price you thought was fair at the time and the customers are happy, then good for you. you haven't gone out to do anyone.
that said I have felt the same myself on some jobs, I'm sure everyone has those jobs :D

daz1977

Re: Being too expensive New
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 05:22:29 pm »
i have a job that i think i have overpriced till i actually do it then i remember why i prices it at that lol

Tosh

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 05:26:07 pm »
Krave, I know what you mean.  You have this feeling in your guts like you're ripping off the customer; I've a good few like that; but you get over it.  ;D

On one of these accounts, a farm house, the husband once came to pay me and offered me a tenner (I guess that's how much the previous window cleaners; the ones they sacked; used to charge).

I had to say, 'Sorry, it's £25', and I did feel awkward to be honest; but I just stuck a smile on my face.  Eventually they recommended me to someone who lived close by; another nice job; so in recognition of that I dropped the price to £20 which is still very nice for about fifteen minutes work.

Mr Bungalow

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2009, 05:47:02 pm »
Hello Krave,

Your best not to worry about being expensive, especially if you do a professional job.

You just need to concentrate on getting your hourly rate up.

Hope this helps you.

Kind regards. :) :)

macmac

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2009, 05:52:45 pm »
I have quite a few like that but they make up for the ones I feel are a tad underpriced. ;)

stevieg

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2009, 06:34:22 pm »
Hi i did a job today £120 for 40 minutes.Every 3 months ,if they were all like that ,great.
No job is overpriced as the customer ultimately decides!!!!

Sean Dyer

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2009, 06:46:50 pm »
i priced some gutters/window cleaning for 2 times a year i cleaned it and only took half a day with 2 of us but the money is daft

i dont feel bad

the guy knows how long i taked and is happy to write a cheque when i finish

he said today its more about satisfaction gettting the job done properly, builders and others have aked him for the job but he preferred a wc company and preferred to pay for a proper job

everyones a winner

not everyone is like that

and he is an asian chap

usually the last to think like that but he has worked hard since he was 18 building up his businesses and knows about hard work etc

so id say if your custies are happy carry on

i have lowered prices in the past when i first started window cleaning and was geussing prices as i was new sometimes they were very high and i would realize after cleaning

lowering it did keep custy happy too so its up to you

these days if i overprice its mostly purposefully