Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

concept

Pressure Washer (Starter Set Up)
« on: November 23, 2009, 08:15:52 pm »
Hi Guys,

Looking at something along the lines of:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250533301271&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:ITat

After it to get me started cleaning driveways/patios as an additional service to my existing window cleaning business.

I am on a low budget, and after this sort of machine to get me started, and to earn me the money for a better machine.

Question is, will it get me on the pressure washing ladder easily enough?

Will i need anything else for domestic pressure washing?

Thanks in advance.

JSMC

Re: Pressure Washer (Starter Set Up)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 08:52:55 pm »
speak witha guy called jetmac systems on ebay. Sure he has a website called jetmac.

i bought one recently but yet to use it in anger.

also look up malcleanse, sweepfast, northerntooluk, equip2clean.

on the malcleanse site there is some very good info pages

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 07:28:07 am »
thats a cheap crappy machine, he makes it sound good but it ins'nt. I would look at buying a second hand machine that is up to the job rather than this one.

you'll need a turbo lance

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

concept

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 06:10:03 pm »
what sort of machines are up to the job, bearing in mind its only an additional service i will offer to give me another revenue stream.

JSMC

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 06:22:15 pm »
i bought this oneas i had some free cash but onc ei buy the othe rbits  for it such as the flat surface cleaner, turbo nozzle, telescopic lance, harness for holding lance, gutter cleaner attachment it soon mounts up to an extra 350-400 quid.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/9-HP-3200-PSI-PETROL-PRESSURE-POWER-WASHER_W0QQitemZ270483081943QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item3efa0c4ad7

mine sis almost identical to this but mines is 13hp. speak with that guy he will help you out

BDCS

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 06:26:36 pm »
If you buy kit thats not quite up to it you'll struggle to achieve the results and then the second stream revenue becomes a pain. I'd look out for a secondhand honda, 13hp with a good pump - interpump, comet or cat pump and a good quality fsc from whirlaway or tech clean. If you get kit from a British firm you should be able to get spares easily ( just in case you batter kerb stones with the fsc ::) ::)). Christmas is coming and a good time to look for bargains on flea bay

Roger Oakley

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 08:21:35 pm »
If the picture on the link is anything to go by, then yes it is a cheap bit of cr*p, look buy something with a Honda engine and you won't go far wrong.

JSMC

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 09:07:21 pm »
If the picture on the link is anything to go by, then yes it is a cheap bit of cr*p, look buy something with a Honda engine and you won't go far wrong.

other engines are also good.

concept

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2009, 09:27:33 pm »
dont want to spend a fortune, just a couple of hundred on something that will get me on the ladder, then once its earnt me enough to get myself a decent model, then i will.

some guys have earnt a fortune off the cheap ones.

whats the turbo nozzle do?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 09:51:02 am »
If you really dont want to spend enough for a decent Honda driven machine, Loncin engines are the next best.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/13-HP-PETROL-PRESSURE-WASHER-2-YEAR-WARRANTY_W0QQitemZ270480137570QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Home_Garden_PowerTools_SM?hash=item3ef9df5d62

Consider it a make do machine until you have enough business to splash out on a Honda.

concept

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 01:38:54 pm »
thanks for all the ideas guys.

what about?

3000PSI, Easy starting, durable 6.0 HP Honda GC190 motor. High performance spray gun with thru handle quick connect. On board hose, spray gun and nozzle storage. 25` x 9/32`` non marking Santaprene hose with quick connects. 16`` stainless steel wand with quick conne ct. Low maintenance AR axial cam pump. 10`` all-terrain pneumatic tires.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 02:40:59 pm »

other engines are also good.

Totally agree, the reason I said get a Honda is that they are workhorse's and very rarely let you down, and if you are just starting up doing this, then the least problems the better. Just don't be tempted into buy a Honda copy that's all. For petrol driven machines then Honda or Loncin for the engine with a inter-pump/general or Cat pump should see you ok.

JSMC

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 08:55:13 pm »
honda GC engines are for domestic work and the gx is for commercial.

speak with jetmacsystesm. guy helped me out and i got  agood deal 560 delivered for loncin 13hp

Nathanael Jones

cleaner-exteriors

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2009, 10:02:59 pm »
If your just starting out why not hire one when you need it? charge the hire price into job, cost about £30 a day