Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

carpetmonsters

non slip floor
« on: November 14, 2009, 06:27:41 pm »
hi

What would you put on your van floor to make it non slip so equipment does not move around

Steve

Re: non slip floor
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 08:38:28 pm »
What we used to do in the army was mix sand in with the paint before putting it on the armoured vehicles, that gave enough grip when climbing on them.
The window cleaners use a product called speed liner which get's painted on the floors of vehicles to prevent water damage, I guess you could add sand to that too to give some grip.
Then of course the answer to stop things moving around is to strap things to the anchor points with ratchet straps.

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 09:23:13 pm »
Restormate sell stuff called Protectakote.  It's a urethane paint with rubber granules in it.  I got some recently, it's OK but the granules settle almost instantly even after mixing very thoroughly so it's a bit of a cow to apply, the granules all end up in the bottom of the paint tray and you're just rollering on the liquid.  I ended up just tipping it out and spreading it around. when you get it on your skin it is permanent until you naturally shed that layer of skin about a week later!

Alltec do Speedliner.  They charge you a small fortune for it.  You can buy the stuff yourself, all the websites selling it don't give pricing, they all have contact form to fillo ut for a quote ::)

Sandtex masonry paint is an alternative i suppose!!

carpetmonsters

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 09:32:40 pm »
Paint may be a problem as there is already a coating on the floor looks like plastic of some sort

Steve

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 09:46:29 pm »
Glass Fibre resin might be an answer if there is already a coating down. Paint the stuff on then chuck sand onto it. What sticks sticks and the rest can be brushed out when it has set.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2009, 10:59:20 pm »
An off-cut of carpet! :o
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Jim_77

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2009, 11:23:01 pm »
But the problem with sand is that it is abrasive!!!

Protectakote can be painted onto ANY surface, you have to wash it off with Xylene first (get it off eBay for about 12 quid).  I'm sure speedliner is the same.