Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

formb

Re: How do you see yourself?
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 09:07:17 am »
stuart sunshine cleaning you sound like a bit of a snob to me matey!THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH COLLECTING!!

it keeps me in touch with my business and customers.i get extra work and iron out any problems that arise from time to time.we already living in an increasing "faceless" society and im not joining it!!

i do leave SAE for stand alone out of the way accounts but i have alot of very compact work so its easy to collect!!AND i like to chat to my custys sometimes and see how there getting on!i dont just see them as cash cows!

some of us are a bit more human and down to earth!

whatever people think of me I DONT CARE!!WHY SHOULD I??!!

A lot of my custys are great! ;)

Just out of interest, how long do you spend collecting in the evening?

paul rulton

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 10:24:42 am »
how do i c myself.... ::) well if beauty is skin deep, then i must of been born inside out. LOL  ;D

james44

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 11:01:16 am »
want to try and offer an indoor window clean service, but only for wet days.

i.e have on website and let existing custy's know.

idea is list of custy's;  soon as weather too bad for outside, call em up.

thinking of £20 min for this, if i could fit 4 in on a pooty weather day, then that's better than nothing.

i'm surprised at how many windy's wont do insides, i quite like doing em but feel abit cheated being inside on a good weather day Cheesy

lee this does work well i have an enhanced disclosure lets customers know they can trust you what you will find i do on my round anyway is that a lot of the customers are at work when i do there windows so i can go and do the insides when it rains very soon i will be working 5 days  a week 48 weeks of the year,

It is not as simple as you would think i had to get keyholder insurance as you will have a lot of keys to look after and that is a lot of trust for a customer to give you the key to there house when they are not in!

It does work similar to the external cleaning as some will want it done more regular than others you just have to try and make it work as best as you can

simon knight

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 11:28:11 am »

There are the guys who see themselves running a window cleaning business, and those who are cleaning windows to earn a living.

"Running a business" sort of implies that you employ staff.

If you're a sole trader then you're "earning a living" imo.

Fact is that even if you are running a business you're doing it to make a living...so what's the difference?

Michael Smallwood

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 12:02:09 pm »
I run a small cleaning business - a very small business - its just me most of the time, though for some work I sub contract. I have just bought a trolley wfp and will be using DI on rain water. Its for use on a single site contract.

I consider it a business because I want it to grow to provide not only for now but also for my family and future. After finising a job, I wait anywhere between 10 seconds and several months for payment.

Probably the difference between running a business and doing it to make a living, is the play off between ambition and contentment.

Good luck to you whichever way you work.

Cheers

Mike
Mike Smallwood

www.mascleaning.com

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2010, 03:02:40 pm »
formb its usually about 2 hours a week collecting from leaving the house (6pm)till i get back(around 8pm).once a week usually on a monday or friday.im a one man band with a lot of very compact work all within an 8 mile area!i do use SAE  on some but increasely custys havent got a cheque book!or forget to send it!im not messing about with internet banking or standing orders.i probably would if i was employing but ive no intention of ever employing again!

i like my business the way it is! ;) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2010, 05:13:30 pm »
stuart,

l.dewing@btinternet.com

thanks, off to dodge in and out of them showers ;D

Sorry Lee but I can't find it on my computer but it was based around this : www.freewindowcleaning.co.uk

It's the first part, the flier I used is pictured.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2010, 05:26:47 pm »
Me? Bit of a numpty really - trying to reach the upper levels of mediocrity in window cleaning terms.

Roy Harding is my hero because I imagine he is a sole trader on a £40K plus turnover which is where I could be if I wasn't so disorganised, lazy, complacent and content.
It's a game of three halves!

lee_dewing

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2010, 10:04:01 am »
thanks for the link stuart.

lee ;)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle