Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

Anyone in Leeds?
« on: October 23, 2009, 08:30:55 pm »
Hi, i do a lot of semis in Leeds,

But they are very awkward, with 6 sash windows and six panes below, on the front , up and downstairs, all in a bay window shape,

then the front door, which has a huge panelled area around it,

down the side there are half a dozen windows scattered everywhere,

i think you get the picture, they are all like that in leeds,

but in other areas i would charge around £7 , and they would a simple semi, done in ten mins.

But the ones in leeds should be all a tenner at least,

but the prices are 6 and £7.... and that must be governed by all the window cleaners prices in Leeds, and  they will not pay more !

Can i ask the leeds guys on here, do they also charge 6 and 7 for those big semis, and if so ....why?

Gary.

windymiller

Re: Anyone in Leeds?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 08:46:33 pm »
Im not from leeds but from the sounds of it  the customer is dictating the price to you. If you feel these are underpriced, put the prices up!! you may lose a few but if you are regular and do a good job you will find most will stay with you and accept the price rise. With the free time you gain from losing the odd one spend this time canvassing / leaflet dropping. I am picking up jobs weekly from yell.com and website without leaflet dropping.

CBCS

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 08:48:27 pm »
Stick the price up!

You may find that you lose a few, but you will more than likely be cleaning less houses for more money.

You know it makes sense.

geefree

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 08:52:11 pm »
Thanks ,

I have had them around a year, and i got them with the intention of putting the prices up, within a year,

i speak to a few w, cleaners out there, and they say its high at £7 and should be £6...

some of mine are 8 and 10.... because i have managed to get them up.... but there are so many charging that ....and less, for £10 houses...

i would probably lose the lot if i did an increase across the board,

the thing is , i dont want to increase them by £1...

i want to increase by 3 or £4......

thats the problem,

Get them prices up lads.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 08:55:19 pm »
hi gazza im not in leeds {manchester}but i know what u mean.a guy near where i work been goin for 40 yrs :owith 3 lads working for him.ive picked up a lot of work off him over the yrs and he charges 3 to 5 pound for 3 bedders.i got one of his this morning.he charged 5pound and i charge 9pound but he wasnt v.good apparently!still got the job.he set the price in the area as he had a massive round at one time.BUT HE WASNT V.GOOD OR RELIABLE!whats new?just make sure ur good and reliable and charge what ur happy with.i still have some underpriced stuff but its v.compact.eg.100 houses on a estate.gona put them up every april for the next few yrs!!

best wishes dazmond
price higher/work harder!