Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aquakleen Restoration Services

Help with my website
« on: October 14, 2009, 09:48:21 pm »
Hi all

Does anyone here have any experience with websites? I have designed it myself and it us up and looks ok. The problem I have is I have my domain name but dont know how to point it towards my website? Im sure its simple...if you know how that is haha

Problem is I dont want to tinker with it so can anyone help?

Many thanks

John

Re: Help with my website
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 10:10:36 pm »
Is your hosting done by where you registered the domain name or are you looking to set the nameservers to point to a new host. Or are you just wanting to upload all you webfiles to your hosting account?

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 10:41:59 pm »
Hi Mike

I created my site on moonfruit.com but registered my domain name on 123-reg.co.uk so its nameservers to point to a new host. Ive got no idea how to do it

Cheers
John

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 11:34:20 pm »
find out the nameservers on your new host usually ns**.hostdomainname, there will be two of these with diffferent numbers.

Then go to where the domain is registered and find DNS settings. They will have your current dns, change these to the new hosts ns.

Allow some time for the whole thing to propergate could be minutes or hours.

Allways check stuff out on youtube, screencasts are far easier to follow than instructions.

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 10:30:41 am »
Hi Mike

Thanks for the info. It looked like it had nowt to do with the nameservers tho...I had to change the DNS settings to the correct ip addy. Done now and it is so far so good!

Cheers again for your efforts

John

ady

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 06:14:53 pm »
Hi John have a look at my website carpetcleanersscarborough.com    Mark at D P Print in hull did it cost about £200
          best regards Ady