Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Matt Lindus

Re: Prowler truckmount
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 07:14:56 pm »
Do you not think that is bad service from Amtex?

The guy obviously could not send the unit all the way to Texas due to all the down time he would lost (time is money). He clearly says that he doesn’t have the time to send it all the way to Texas.

He had no other option but to repair the machine himself at home, because of this they cancelled is warranty after just 7 months of owning the machine.
They should have offered him all the relevant parts free of charge and also given free carriage. Instruction for repair could have been sent or telephone communication given.

They failed to tell him that the coupling needed to be greased; this apparently seized and shattered all the parts, they told him never to grease it ever.
He also said he has had trouble with the machine right from the start.

He clearly wants his money back for a poor quality machine and he feels YouTube is the only way of doing this.
He’s done nothing wrong in my eyes

Matt

John Kelly

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2009, 07:45:46 pm »
As far as I am aware the first they heard of any problems was 7 months after he bought it. The coupling is a sealed unit and does not need greasing. It has been found that this coupling was not suited to the Honda engine and has now been changed to a Martin Flexi coupling. The machine would have been turned round in 2-3 days, sorted and working fine. Also I am lead to believe he had rigged up a waste tank with the waste hose discharging under water which was also stressing the blower.
This is not a simple matter of fitting a part and hey presto its all working. There are alignment issues which need to done right (ask any truckmount owners about problems with this). This was one of the earliest of the new design and they also wanted to find out exactly what had caused it, not unresonable.
Don't think bad service comes into it.

Len Gribble

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2009, 08:01:30 pm »
Hard to tell from pic did the cupping have a Grease nipple if not seller may be right as for chain and sprocket they normally run with oil (you don’t grease a bike chain) looks a p.i.ss easy machine to work on roll on roll off the space!

As for warranty he should have sent it back or ask if they had an agent local to him (you touch it you fxxx it you own it) ;) I understand down time that’s where a porty comes into it’s own. 8) ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Barry Livingstone

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 11:34:51 pm »
This guy might not agree  ;D  There can always be a bad one in any make of machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH0lXTNieNU

am lovin the Hotties shooting guns on this link !!!! thank lol ;D ;D ;D
Carpet, Upholstery cleaning & hard floor cleaning.
                     Fife, perth and tayside.

PaulKing

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 12:37:13 pm »
It just a big belly ache as all the comments are from his mates as the guys are all the same age ( hes in his twenties) and they all like the same music as well.

Amtex is no problem at all and its John Kelly you deal with in the UK anyway, I know these machines are not perfect but they do stand up to a hell of a lot of abuse from us, and keep going in 5 years of running 3 of them concurrently we have replaced 1 pump ( operator error) cost about £400 with the vat and  1 engine that was worn out after 4 years, they were on special from universal £300 so just changed it rather than looking at repairing it.

About 6 hoses ( they are all he same size so carry one on the van takes 10 minutes to change any one of them. )

And we have had 1 blower rebuilt as tech took off filter and sucked his glove into it, new bearings please!

Try and put a positive comment on that video and see how long it take to get it removed and you start to get hate mail, that say the most I think.

www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

brianbarber

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 06:34:14 pm »
Many thanks guys for all your feedback!

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

carpet_care

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 07:25:31 pm »
Only just seen this post as not been bothering with forums much lately .

But I too have the 13 hp prowler excellent machine had it 2 years now and exceptional backup service from john and his good wife lynn.

All the best Andy Locke.

Joe H

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 07:34:35 pm »
Hi Andy
Hows it going.
Not been on the forums much eh!
What fun you been missing. ;D

carpet_care

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2009, 06:59:14 pm »
Hi Joe only just seen your reply thats how much time i spend on the forums nowadays I had logged off before you had posted  ;D

Have other things keeping me busy if am not carpet cleaning am in the gym or doing my new hobby cycling bought a chris boardman road bike a couple of months ago and the bug has truly bit.

Justt started finding the forums a bit same old same old .

Hope your well all the best Andy Locke.