Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

julia

CARPET STAIN
« on: October 08, 2009, 10:38:04 pm »
Hi All
Can anyone tell me how to remove a lucozade stain from my berber carpet please.  I hired a rug doctors but it didnt remove the stain.  Is there a chemical that i can buy which will do the job.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Julia

Paul_Ashworth

Re: CARPET STAIN
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 10:53:13 pm »
If its a berber carpet it will probably be wool and a permanent stain, You might be better contacting your insurance

julia

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:56:05 pm »
Hi
Thanks but I dont really want to claim on insurance as stain isn't hugh about a tea plate size.  It will only increase my insurance costs next year.  I will have to put up with it if nobody can recommend anything.  I thought someone would be able to recommend a cleaner that would remove the stain.  Thanks for your suggestion anyone.  julia

Peter Dawson

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 10:59:14 pm »
Hi Julia, you may struggle with this one. The food colourings are very strong in lucozade and irn-bru. I have tried prochem red rx but results were very marginal.
Regards
Peter
Beta Clean

Paul_Ashworth

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 11:04:01 pm »
Looks like your off to buy a big rug then, I was working at house about 6 months ago when next door came round they had just split Lucozade on a 80/ 20 wool carpet i tried everything and nothing would touch it

julia

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 11:06:13 pm »
Hi
Thanks I will try and get some prochem red rx from somewhere and give it a try, or it looks like a move round of furniture.
Thanks so much for your advice.
Julia

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2009, 11:29:36 pm »
Hydramaster's Knockout's good stuff too. But I've never had any luck getting Lucozade out in the 3 or 4 jobs I've had where it has been spilt!!!!

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 11:32:26 pm »
erm you could always call a professional carpet cleaner. They may be able to bleach out the stain.

And no you can't do it yourself with domestos.

Jim_77

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 12:24:15 am »
Julia,

Don't waste your time or money trying to get it out yourself.

As said above, lucozade is a nasty one.  Anything based on a yellow dye colour is nigh-on impossible to get back to an acceptable standard.

I'd respectfully suggest that you're wrong about your insurance going up next year - it's not the same as having a prang in your car, contents insurance works differently (dependant on company).  Without hesitation, ring your insurance company and talk to them!!  It'll cost you an excess but no more hopefully :)

gwrightson

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 12:21:04 pm »

Just read this post, and as it is obvious that Julia id not a professional c/c I cannot believe that somebody has suggested red rx  ::)  Iy is not a simple case of applying rx and this may do the trick!!

Heat transfer method with iron and towel needs to be used for starters, and this only with caution .

Julia, My suggestion call a pro c/c  who can at the least improve it if not remove it although they may have to go down the bleach  reducing or sodium meta route.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Peter Dawson

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 07:29:26 pm »
Hi Geoff, I posted the comment about red rx. I take your point about Julia should use a pro c/c. But I thought the forum was to comment and bounce ideas off each other. I said that the food colourings in lucazade were very strong and I had tried red rx with only marginal results.

Regards
Peter
Beta Clean

gwrightson

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 08:13:37 am »

Peter,

yes i see your point  , but from what julia says below  was "i,m going to go out and get some rx "

It did appear you were perhaps reccomending this to her, when infact you were just putting your veiw forward generaly  , if you get my jist.

Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Peter Dawson

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2009, 11:25:46 am »
No probs Geoff.
Peter

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2009, 12:09:00 pm »
I'm presuming Julia can read and the instructions are written quite clearly on the label on the bottle.

She's obviously wanting to do the job herself and not really interested in spending £40-£60 or whatever on a professional doing the job!

julia

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 09:11:31 pm »
Hi all

I would like to thank you all for your comments, which have been gratefully received.

I have now moved the sofa up 10 inches and put a lamp at the other end.  The carpet isnt worth getting professionally cleaned as I will be changing it in the new year, just not saved enough money yet.

Yes I can read instructions but after asking a pro carpet cleaner I have decided not to do anything but hide the mark.

Thanks to you all

diamond

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 03:56:07 pm »
Why is it that an enquiry from a member of the public has ended in a petty comments from know it alls.

jasonl

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 04:11:25 pm »
I have been a carpet cleaner for 17 years , and last week bought a bottle of red rxto treat some red wine , read the simple instructions,,,,,,

which were ,, pour on red rx , cover with damp towel , steam with iron , repeat to lift stain ,, extract with machine , did that ,cleaned 12x15 carpet 75quid.......... so so easy red wine gone,customer very happy ,, we are only carpet cleaners , very little skill needed. Red rx cost me £12.95, used about 20% 0f the bottle.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Joe H

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 04:30:08 pm »
Looking at the amount of time Julia has been on the forum and the number posts in that time, I would think she from another section, perhaps general cleaning and no doubt has tackled problems before and would possibly be capable of tackling RedRX after getting some advice. Its whether she had a extraction machine for flushing.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 06:00:27 pm »
Jason:

I've tried Red RX on iron-bru and lucozade. Tired it several times in fact, using a hot steam iron method thats stateed on the bottle. and not one single drop transfered to the clothe :(

you'd think they'd have come up with a product by now eh! lol

works great on red wine stains tho :)

Tony