Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Just read this on their uk website:

Most people who use the Rug Doctor carpet cleaner know they get better results than they would hiring a professional. Numerous customer comments and web testimonials tell of experiences in which customers have their carpets professionally cleaned and, for one reason or another, are not satisfied.

“We had our carpets cleaned by a professional 3 months ago. Since then our 2 dogs have had a couple of accidents. Since I thought my carpets were already clean, I rented the Rug Doctor to take out the pet stains. After I saw how much dirt came out I cleaned all of our carpets. They were filthy and I had no idea. There were several stains that the professional cleaner said would never come out. One pass with the Rug Doctor and they were gone. There was a gummy, sticky spot that was ground into the carpet for which I had tried every spot and stain remover on the market. I used Rug Doctor's Spot Remover and it only took 2 passes for the entire spot to be removed. I will never hire a professional again. It may be easier to have someone else do the carpets but what is the point if the carpet is only clean on the surface? And the cost of renting the rug doctor and buying the cleaning solutions was a fraction of the cost of having them professionally done. Thank you for such a terrific product. We will be renting (and possibly buying) your product again!”

Don't they make your blood boil !!!

Paul

Simon Gerrard

Paul,

Fortunately I think most people are sharp enough to realise that 'they would say that, wouldn't they.' If they are that desperate to try and put people off using a professional then that can often have the opposite effect. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you, annoying though it is.

Simon

derek west

guy fitting our double glazing said he used a rug doctor, his words? "it was poo, and bloody hard work" he took a card. can't see them using his comments on there website ;D
derek

vacman

Quite frankly, the sort of people who would rather attempt the job themselves aren't the sort you really want as customers, are they? Or are they? Nobody EVER factors in the amount of labour that DIY anything costs them. Some things are worth the effort if you know what you are doing and have all the bits and doings and the interest. Other things are best left alone.

I work for people who occasionaly clean their own carpets and i work for those who regularly get a man in. The latter have got it sussed IMO.

There were several stains that the professional cleaner said would never come out. One pass with the Rug Doctor and they were gone.
One pass?  Oh stop it, the wife can't hear X factor over my laughter.

There was a gummy, sticky spot that was ground into the carpet for which I had tried every spot and stain remover on the market. I used Rug Doctor's Spot Remover and it only took 2 passes for the entire spot to be removed.
Now just two passes with the rug d**er magic lotion having tried all those various products it just came out. Please stop it my sides are aching

We will be renting (and possibly buying) your product again!”
Now you're going to buy one! If you're so fab at doing this job why not start a carpet cleaning business. Someone call a doctor I think I've strained something

Joe H

Done a lounge and hall today.
The guy was an ex car valeter (jacked it in - too many charging silly low prices).
He and his wife eyes were popping out as the Envirodri went in, then the Prowler was fired up.

He did say that he had hired a Rug Doctor not long ago and it was the biggest load of rubbish and waste of money.  Music to my ears.

derek west

just had the same responce this morning, he had a shake and vac in last time, not impressed, but eyes popped out when i fired up the box. best thing was, he's the fac manager of a chain of hotels, so might get lucky, theyve just been quoted 3 million for new carpets. :o game on ;D

derek

clinton

Saw one being carted out of morrisons last week ;D

Love to see there faces after they have cleaned there carpet with it ;D

The valet guy is right mind you and like our game to many cheapies ::)

absolutecleaning

Had to do one for a mate who wasnt interested in his eol being done by me even at mates rates and went and hired one.  Sure enough had problems getting deposit back. 

Ring Ring........."Er Si could you possibly....."!  ;D

Isn't it odd that mates tend to bypass you when they want a job done.... Why is that?

Must say though, I have hired my machine out to a few mates for the full price, every one of them have said next time they'll just pay me to do it ::)

Matt Lindus

I heard there changing the name from Rug Doctor to Rug Trainee Assistant Nurse.

Matt

vacman

Isn't it odd that mates tend to bypass you when they want a job done.... Why is that?

Must say though, I have hired my machine out to a few mates for the full price, every one of them have said next time they'll just pay me to do it ::)

Its called mixing business with pleasure. I have friends and family i will work for and friends and family who i
won't. Likewise i am equally selective about which friends and families businesses i use. In my experience any potentil upset at not using someones business is far less than the upset when something goes wrong. Been there, done that.

I don't rule it out altogether, but i am very selective.

Matt Lindus

I needed to drop into Maplins today for a few Ariel centre hubs and cabling. I was at the information desk alongside a suited guy going on about a display stand for Rug Doctor near there checkouts.

I got chatting to him briefly and he was telling me that they are hoping to get into the major supermarket chains and will be offering 1 week hire so people can pick them up when they finish shopping then drop them off a week later when they go shopping again.

Matt

Clean2Day

Looking at doing a comparison video of rug doctor vs hwe, elapse the time and see how long each takes to dry, also somehow by the magic of editing software, see how long it takes to get visably dirty and compare that to the hwe cleaned carpet. Something has to be done!  ;D
If your wife wants to learn to drive, don't stand in her way.

If you can't beat them, join them.... I hire a machine out at a competative price to Somerfields and I often end up just doing the job for the customer!

Serial RD users will sometimes ask if the machine I rent out is better than the RD, which it is! (Numatic CDT902) It's a chance to talk to people when they phone up to enquire about renting and find out exactly what their requirements are and whether they have considered using a professional!

A lot of then seem to think it's going to cost hundreds of pounds for a professional to clean their living room and H.S.L, and some of them actually believe they can do a better job :-\ It's been quite interesting hiring a machine out  and it's seen me get work that would otherwise have fallen by the wayside!

To think, I nearly went against this idea when I asked whether it would be a good idea on this forum ::)