Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wire1078

would a freephone number work better
« on: September 21, 2009, 06:09:02 pm »
Do you think having a freephone number for you business will bring in more customers or make you look bigger than you are.I say this because,who really cares if it is freephone or mobile etc.If someone wants a window cleaner they will ring anyway?

matt

Re: would a freephone number work better
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 08:09:54 pm »
I say this because,who really cares if it is freephone or mobile etc.If someone wants a window cleaner they will ring anyway?

you have answered your question imho

dean123

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 08:31:00 pm »

i tried that method about 4 years ago through yp in one of the top used classes in the book and all it did was cost me money 

stick to the local std code and the custy knows your local chap

Archer

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 09:03:42 pm »

Use either,

if they want you they will phone  ::)

Depends how big you are aswell, if you earn a pittance due to bad weather, i'd say landline

wire1078

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 09:30:02 pm »
lol

mileslake

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 08:50:56 pm »
I got local, 0800 and mobile.. Hardly anyone used to ring the 0800. Don't bother with it anymore. Most ring local but a large minority ring the mobile.

Stevie G

Re: Freephone no? nah not really
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2009, 11:08:13 am »
0800 numbers look  8) but the people you are trying to attract unfortunately don't understand that it is a number with no charge (that's not to say they don't get charged when it diverts  :P)

Unless you are a fairly large business with a nationwide presence and/or reputation and your turnover is a decent size, having an 0800 no. has a limited appeal.  You can pay a £150 one-off fee to get an 0800 no. but in reality this money is better spent on insurance or a safety certificate amongst the other dough you have to cough up.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 07:34:29 am »
 ::) dont bother! all you get is people selling you things on it,and it costs you for getting nothing! we had our freephone linked to a mobile what a mistake! sales people would call and we had no way of knowing they called ib by the freephone number! we now do not use this,waste of money. :P
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 07:45:07 am »
I use an 0800 number on one of the vans diverted to my mobile or to office when i am in.

I cover quite a few areas so this helps
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

HIGH LEVEL WINDOW CLEANERS (scrimmy)

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 09:53:30 am »
i use a 0845 number (got it free, with no call charges either).....on the plus side it does attract some serious enquiries from bigger jobs, on the down side as terry mentioned i would say 90% is sales people trying to sell ME something i dont need or want >:(

i have both the 0845 and my local number as well as my mobby on my website ;)

Edge Clean

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 01:39:34 pm »
I used an 0800 in a yellow pages ad for a few years, though i did get custom, sales calls out numbered them. So now use land line for published advertising.

Also used 0800 on last lot of leaflets, the local competition however thought it would be great idea to bombard me with calls asking for quotes at bogus addresses, so beware of that happening also.

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 08:52:31 pm »
If you call an "0800" or "0845" from a mobile doesnt this cost you money?

Most people would rather call a landline number or mobile ( especailly if they have "free minutes" on their mobile network)?

Just a thought....
You can't polish a turd