Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vacman

Re: Mentioning Chemdry on my website
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 12:10:53 am »
You could use wording like ' We have less overheads than our franchised competitors which means we can give you a more competitive quote' you can also mention the substantial 15% saving on vat ( providing your not vat registered ) 

Am I right in saying the franchisees of the big companies like Chemdry / Servicemaster etc... have to be vat registered ? if the MOTHER company ( for want of a better word ) is vat registered, as your a franchisee of that company do you have to be vat registered too ?

Paul

I like the line 'We have less overheads than our franchised competitors which means we can give you a more competitive quote' Im going to use that thanks!

Fair enough, but do be aware that you are using the words competitive and competitors in the same line. It doesn't flow very well.

As to what to use in it's place, i'm still thinking for you. It's easy to come up with what you want to say, but much harder to put it into words. And looking at a lot of wbesites, i see it's not just me who has this bother  :-\

Just for starters, how about:
"Franchise businesses often have higher running costs than us which means we can SAVE you money"

Yes, that could work.  :)

gwrightson

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 08:35:10 am »
So is it ok for chem dry to advertise something they dont do ?

Because thats exactly what one of my local c/d do  .

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

vacman

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 09:04:04 am »
So is it ok for chem dry to advertise something they dont do ?

Because thats exactly what one of my local c/d do  .

geoff

I didn't think it was about being right or wrong, i thought it was about keeping ourselves out of trouble  :-\

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 05:55:11 pm »
I really dont think it is a problem comparing thier prices to your's or any other company for that matter.
I mean Asda and Tesco are always trying to out do each other on national tv adverts and magazine ads etc. So i dont see there being any differance here!

But the thing is, do you really want to even mention another carpet cleaning company on your site?? i wouldn't! gives more places for the potential punter to ring around for "quotes" your local Chempooe might be great at closing the sale etc.. even tho his prices are higher!

I'd stick to just saying your better priced than the bigger companys cos your overheads are lower and dont have to pay royalties etc etc like was mentioned further up the page.

my 2 pennies

cheers
tony

eclipse

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2009, 09:15:03 am »
I once mentioned something on here regarding chem-dry prices and this was the reply i got i also got a telephone call from the company rottewieler hence i removed my post

Lee I would ask that you think very carefully before you post in future. Your allegations are as you know incorrect as is,I believe, your opening statement or have you moved on again?