Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jason Ryan

Pet Hair
« on: October 10, 2009, 07:52:58 pm »
Can be a mare on times getting pet hair (mostly dog) out of carpets especialy longer pile ones. Any good tips or specific equipment thats good at getting it out. Amazes me sometimes of the amount thats in the carpet.

Cheers

Peter Sweeney

Re: Pet Hair
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:31:54 pm »
Hi Jason

I find that running an Envirodri machine across the carpet prior to vaccing makes a big difference in this situation.

Pete

vacman

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 08:54:44 pm »
If you can find one, the Electrolux Commercial Sanitaire knocks spots off any upright i have ever, ever used. A hopeless machine for 'everyday' vacuuming, but for the work you guys do i would reccomend one.

The original Hoover Turbopower cleaners were a beast on pet hair too. They crop up all the time on Ebay as they were in production for over 20 years so there are loads around. Trouble is, it will need to be serviced to original condition to the get benefit from it  :-\

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 08:55:08 pm »
a normal agation brush/broom does a good job i find.  need to give it some welly tho

Len Gribble

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 09:01:01 pm »
Think Dyson do an animal range, may be worth dropping a hint to the customer oh shampooing the dog is extra ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 09:02:52 pm »
Think Dyson do an animal range, may be worth dropping a hint to the customer oh shampooing the dog is extra ;D

Len

;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 09:05:26 pm »
And any you fail to vacuum can be collected by using the sole of your trainer and pawing the carpet like a horse or a bull before it charges you.

richy27

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 09:06:16 pm »
Hi Jason

I find that running an Envirodri machine across the carpet prior to vaccing makes a big difference in this situation.

Pete

do the same as pete works pretty well

vacman

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 09:06:49 pm »

Len

Len, the 'advantage' of the animal models in any range is the uprights have a small turbo-tool for the stairs and the cylinders have a large turbo-tool for the carpets. Both usually have some kind of charcoal filtration to prevent smells. In that sense, the animal Dyson upright will pick up no better than the standard upright, although i must admit, i've been impressed with the pet-hair pick up of the Dyson.

Tell me something though, what is it that makes some carpets a beggar to vacuum? I've been cleaning for years and yet i can see no pattern; some carpets just HATE being vacuumed  ???

Gerry Styles

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 10:22:52 pm »
I vacuum with mt sebo if there is stairs or host in larger rooms
Premier Klean Limited

robert meldrum

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 11:17:11 pm »
B/W can put up a good fight against vacuuming.

Jason Ryan

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2009, 10:48:47 am »
Cheers all for the replys.

Sometimes i find the carpets 'look' grubby and shades in some areas when standing back, but on closer inspection its a build up of pet hair. Once pet hair is put it already makes a big improvement.

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 02:30:05 pm »
Jason
I did a job which was 2 large rugs and they were covered in pet hair.
Vacuumed the first one and the lady was so impressed she thought I was finished and I still had the HWE to do.

Gaby P.

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 03:29:15 pm »
Joe, what sort of vacuum cleaner do you use?

Joe H

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2009, 04:05:17 pm »
That particular day I used a Karcher, which is a Sebo with a different badge.
The pull strokes were real slow.

I also have a Kirby which would have done a fine job too.

John Kelly

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2009, 06:46:12 pm »
As Joe mentions when using an upright it is the backward pull which does the cleaning. So push it forward fast then slowwwwly pul it back.

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 07:30:36 pm »
I saw a domestic Vac a custy had. I think it was electrolux and was called pet-o-matic or something. It was like a standard domestic but the beater bar had rubber flaps on it rather than bristles. She siad it worked quite well.

Len Gribble

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2009, 08:51:40 pm »
Vacman

Just done a search on pet hair, what the hell do I know about vacuuming that’s down to the wife, she dose get a bit peeved in changing machines and hate doing what she paid for methinks she skips it! ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)