Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

neil davies

commercial window cleaning
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:20:07 pm »
hi, can anyone help im trying to get commercial work but have no idea how to price it, would you price it sq metre, would you do sqm? if so how much? i already have a residential round which i charge £1 per window but i have heard its more for commercial.

Many Thanks
Neil

daz1977

Re: commercial window cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 11:21:36 pm »
i would personlly price it on time it will take,  set your self a hourly rate and work out how long it will take for you to do the jobs, i do a chippy thats has 4 windows and 2 doors  inside and out, change them 8 and dinner and takes me and a lad ten mins

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 11:50:35 pm »
hi, can anyone help im trying to get commercial work but have no idea how to price it, would you price it sq metre, would you do sqm? if so how much? i already have a residential round which i charge £1 per window but i have heard its more for commercial.

Many Thanks
Neil

With high volume commercial work, pricing per window in a similar way to residential will ensure you rarely get the contract.  Once the first clean (or two) is out of the way, it can be very surprising how quickly such work can be banged out.  I've got a couple of largish (for me) jobs at the moment where, if I knew then what I know now, I probably would have quoted half the price.  So I suppose it's just as well I didn't know.  Both the jobs were referrals and didn't go out to tender.  If they had, I'm pretty sure I would not have got them.  I didn't quote them from greed but from inexperience of such work.  So I make sure I do them at the weekends when no-one is around.

Sean Dyer

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 10:54:22 am »

Many Thanks
Neil

I wouldnt do it more than £1 a window unless they go really high?, if there was less than say 50 windows maybe but if your looking at loads of glass on one site then price by time it takes x hour + any other factors ie awkward access, travel, then compare that to per window and see, im sure you will get a feel from size of building what sort of price range there gonna be expecting, if its a small commercial unit with 200 windows and you say £200 , or £400 for in and out, there not gonna be happy , and you can do it in prob half a day so id go for a bit more than half a days rate, unless you really want it, and its competitive you could go lower and work quicker....
Advantage with bagging comm work is its all weather work, invoiced so generally no collecting and can earn more by being in one place for half a day . day etc and once done a few cleand generally you can fly round halfing the time

neil davies

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 09:02:08 pm »
thacks guys i think i got