Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jason Atwell

Twin D I Problem
« on: October 02, 2009, 04:26:49 pm »
I run my system through Two 11 litre D I vessels, thus getting as much life out of the resin as possible.

The 2 D I's are slightly different, they have a different head, but internally are the same.

When i have D I '1' first then D I '2' every thing is fine, The problem comes when i re fill the spent resin and change places, so the water then flows through D I '2' first then D I'1'.

When i turn my water on, it takes about 2 minutes for the pressure to build up to normal, then when i turn the water off, the water carries on coming out for a few minutes unless i disconnect the reel letting about 3 litres of pure water to gush out.

When it comes to change resin again and i swap D I places, the problem is gone, untill next time a resin change is required.

My father in law runs an identical set up with 2 smaller D I 's, and no probs???

What is going on?

Jason
Fleetwood Window Cleaning Services

♠Winp®oClean♠

Re: Twin D I Problem
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 08:23:12 pm »
Try filling the vessels with water first before you put the risers back in. Are you sure you're using both vessels in the right flow direction? Some are designed to work both ways & some not.

darragh windows

Re: Twin D I Problem
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:44:23 pm »
the last time i filled my di containers i was running short on resin and one container only got half filled which caused the same problem you having
jamie