Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windolene

I dont have a web site
« on: October 03, 2009, 07:33:01 pm »
Hi,

Out door knocking & potential domestic customer said that I should think about setting up a web page. On my business cards which I put in letter boxes it has all my contact details & address on.  My excuse to her was that I am old school & a sole trader but I know that is no valid excuse.

How do I go about getting a web page /site?

Kevin WINDOLENE.

JSMC

Re: I dont have a web site
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 07:39:14 pm »
windowwashers on here does it

matt

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 08:28:32 pm »
Hi,

Out door knocking & potential domestic customer said that I should think about setting up a web page. On my business cards which I put in letter boxes it has all my contact details & address on.  My excuse to her was that I am old school & a sole trader but I know that is no valid excuse.

How do I go about getting a web page /site?

Kevin WINDOLENE.

search free template sites and choose a template you like

then edit it to suit what you need, or get some1 to edit it for you, you just need to alter the words etc etc

Mike55

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 08:36:01 pm »
While websites can give a more professional perception I don't think they are neccasarily needed for this business. 

There are many successful window cleaners who don't have websites so I wouldn't worry too much.

pingu

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 08:38:02 pm »
I wonder sometimes whether a website acutally 'gets' you more customers in its own right, however I am convinced that in the main a website aides potential customers decisions...but as a pure selling point I have my doubts.

Totally agree with Mike55.

Cheers
Dave.

Steve CM

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:46:14 pm »
websites work 100% you just need to get it working properly

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 10:59:14 pm »
I'm a bit biased because I build websites,... but just ask ppl I've built sites for, I've yet to hear anyone saying that they don't get work from it!

I think most ppl on here who say their website doesn't bring in work are ppl who haven't had their site optimised properly for Google. Do it right and get on page 1 for all your keywords and you'll defo get work from it.

I'm actually just building a website for my new "Web design" company. I find it the perfect compliment to window cleaning,.. something that can be done regardless of the weather, and even in front of the TV on dark winter evenings!

Steve CM

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 11:01:19 pm »
is that web design from scratch or templates Nathanael?

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 09:24:58 am »
is that web design from scratch or templates Nathanael?

Both,.. but design from scratch is very expensive (I get a graphic designer involved) so most ppl go for templates. I have been talking to someone who designs the templates for a living, and there may be some more window cleaning templates appearing over the next few months,...