Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

misleading wfp
« on: October 02, 2009, 10:08:19 pm »
i knew this was coming sooner or later, this is the guy on you tube showing a car wash pole, now hes selling them, thats not what bothers me, look and see what he claims no streaks or smears, just using tap water?? have a look
http://www.waterfedpoleswindowcleaningsystemsquipment.co.uk/prices.php

poleman

Re: misleading wfp
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 10:12:17 pm »

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 10:19:13 pm »
here we go, from his website  >:(

Note

These poles are designed for light weight, strong rigidity, making them easy to operate, with fresh running water, leaves windows clean and bright with no smears and drag lines caused through, the rubber blade system.

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 10:28:49 pm »
Hasnt this guy been featured on here before? Wasnt he WFPing with detergent?

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 10:29:31 pm »
here we go, from his website  >:(

It gets better worse because the registered business name is MS Kitchens Ltd, clearly trading standards need a call on this one if they are saying you can clean your windows to a streak free finish with tap water.
And I suggest you need a bit more than a 12 foot pole to do 1st floor windows unless you are at least 6 foot tall yourself.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 10:40:10 pm »
Still cleaning Neil?

free2flow

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 10:52:10 pm »
At company house, he is listed as mark simon kitchens ltd. Ther is also a mark simon fruit ltd as well. Same person?

Either way he is misleading the public with his so called wfp.
The pen is mightier than the sword..and easier to write with!

poleman

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 11:41:32 pm »
I think the bloke is a cow boy...you cant clean windows with tap water, the finish at best will be spotty! at worst it will have hard water damage, glass appears “hazy” and has a white “etched” look. http://www.freewindowcleaningtips.com/pics/fwcpics/hard-water-sprinkler.jpg

elite mike

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2009, 09:00:54 am »
pity the poor sod who buys that thinking their a pro >:(

daz1977

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2009, 09:01:57 am »
i feel ripped off now, i wasted all my money on a di system and i could of just bought washing up liquid and robbed a pole from the local car wash lol

its people like this who give wc a bad name, and make people think we are all con men, bet there is people out there who have bouht this and gone out on a rounds and given wfp a bad name

thing is he isnt breaking any trading standard rules as all he says is it is a water fed pole for cleaning windows which it is  he doesnt says that it wont leave spots, just no smears as with a blade, technacally he is right  just makes it harder for everyone else who used wfp after one of these jokers  has done there window with it

R W C

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 09:05:26 am »
yer this is old news the videos where on here ages ago, he puts washing up liquid on the brush

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 10:06:06 am »
 do you worry its only a matter of time before somone brings out something really cheap that do,s a good job.
hell it may aready be out there [wagtail flipper and poll] the cost would be recuped in the first few months and by by to us.
iv lost 1 customer recently who seid he,d bought a cleaning system to do his own than next door  seid she never needed me either cos he lends her his, this is the problem with service industry if thay find a means to do it themselves your history :(

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2009, 10:09:34 am »
Thing is though Mick that there has been a cheap set of kit out there for years. Its called a ladder, squeegee and mop; but you didnt worry about it when you were on ladders.

Thing about this is that custards dont WANT to clean their windows after a weeks work even if the kit has been out there for years.

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2009, 10:15:09 am »
my point is matt thay were put off by going up a ladder the guy that i lost is nearly 70 yrs old im not sure what system he,s bought but his windows and frame look very clean he,s in my street so i,ll keep a look out
mick

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2009, 10:17:37 am »
Sure that theres always one in a street though Mick. How often have you knocked and some guy comes out after youve asked if they have a regular window cleaner and he says 'Yea, me!'

Same with the pole system.

One swallow dont make a summer.

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 10:23:12 am »
Sure that theres always one in a street though Mick. How often have you knocked and some guy comes out after youve asked if they have a regular window cleaner and he says 'Yea, me!'

Same with the pole system.

One swallow dont make a summer.
yep i do 43 others in this street but im sure you like me feel uneasy with this topic some people have plenty of time on there hands and get job satisfaction from doing there own its proberly not about the money.

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 10:25:35 am »
I tell em the pole was £350.00 the filter to clean the water £400 and the pump £1000  ;D ;D