Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PCNW

Re: How many of window cleaners offer Pressure washing
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 10:19:06 pm »
we did a sealing job after cleaning a drive once but we used the fine sand in the gaps but im sure there is something else involved

Mike #1

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2009, 08:09:05 am »
to get sand in they use a wacker plate , i have a karcher pressure washer & t-racer patio cleaner , dont do pressure washing at the moment but thinking of it t-racer is a lot faster and it does'nt get spray all over the walls or blast everything form in between paving

johnmaggy

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2009, 03:43:32 pm »
t Racer lol, have had so many customers who buy them start the job  then realise its not going to do a proper job and call us in, we use the kit from Jan at techclean (£2000) you will need this for large drves and commercial work, if your serious about cleaning get in touch with her. Trouble is at the moment every Tom Dick n Harry has started to do jet cleaning, gardening, window cleaning, gutter cleaning etc etc now when you go round and quote prices for a proper job they compare it to someone who says they can do it for next to nothing with there little pressure washers, lucky we been going a while so have regular customers and good recommendations. Doing a job yesterday and had someone doing the same thing down the road with a lance only set up his finish was very poor and very streaky his customer has had our card and is calling us in the new year. Now then how do i set up a window cleaning round to get some xtra income lol ;D

Wickerman

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2009, 04:04:45 pm »
I started of my business as  pressure washer/graffiti removal and have started window cleaning. I have a 600 litre tank in my vehicle which I am going to use for pure water. As far as pricing jobs goes, you will be up against lots of cowboy cleaners ie no insurance so I tend to price jobs on how long the job will take. If you have a rotary cleaner jobs will be very quick. If you use a lance it is very slow and VERY dirty, you will also remove a lot more sand from the joints which just means you will have to replace a lot of sand. Simply business do a very good deal on insurance.
Your skin's waterproof so get out there and work!!

johnmaggy

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2009, 04:08:01 pm »
Have got a large tank in the back ov the van but dont you need a load of other stuff to get the pure water you need?

JSMC

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 09:03:09 pm »
can the pressure be adjusted on most pressure washers? Also what is minimum HP of engine you would use?

any othe rtips from experienced pressure washers would be helpful

Rob_Mac

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 11:55:13 pm »
I think that I am at the other end of the scale to most people looking at pressure washing as add ons. As some will remember I sold a very succesful window cleaning business to concentrate on pressure washing.

How did it pan out for me - I have had a difficult year financially but am now back on track, I have been very busy throughout the year with continual jobs, Islington - end of last year into january this year, from there straight to a store clean in Bath, till May. From there straight to a store clean in Cobham, from there to Beeston - store clean with drain jetting, from there to Haverhill - store clean with drain jetting, started a store clean in Newbury and am starting two more in Kent this month.

I have also picked up another high profile supermarket that are having pressure washing jobs done by my company, one in Upminster, next week one to do in Oxsted and then back to Newbury and another clean for the new client!!

These are large works and they incorporate multiple services, elevated and low level and can be weeks of pressure washing at a time.

I do some residential window cleaning (buildng a nice little round up again) but am also looking into a vacuum recovery loop system for pressure washing and have the potential of works at Heathrow airport and this will be pressure washing.

If you invest in your pressure washing side of the business and do it well you can have a very good business. There is a massive amount of cleaning out there and we are coming out of a very deep recession, people will be spending their money again. Be ready for it, the next ten to fifteen years should see returns for initial investment and hard work over the difficult times

Good luck

Rob ;D

JSMC

« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 01:28:49 pm »
m clean you seem a serious professional in pressure washing and me i only require a small washer for drives etc with a flat surface cleaner. I reckon a little washer honda power about 9hp would suffice for what i wan tto do with it.

thanks for the input mate.