Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ian1972

Re: self cleaning glass
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 09:26:08 pm »
the other thing fitters use is solvant cleaner its good at getting absolutly anything off glass even tar but you will have to use the glass cleaner straight after it then rise it all off with water

gwrightson

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 05:29:09 pm »
Just an update on the original question,

After many weeks of haggling between builders, roof fitters, glass installers   non who wanted to take responsabality , because of the £12,000 it would cost to relplace the glass a solution has been found :D

The roofers admitted in the end it was their fault for not pattenising the lead, and after numerous attempts at cleaning it them selves with various solutions recommended to them, ie. white spirit, white vinegar, meths lemon juice etc they admited defeat, although a little improvment was made after labourious rubbing of just one small area.  they were going to put it through their insurance was the only solution. bearing in mind nothing abrasive could be used.
I stepped in with quote to bring back the glass to pritine condition" after consultation with Pilkingtons tech dept and anaylasis of the marking"  and after I had tested an area with their recomendations.

The price for cleaning 20 panes of glass £750  , they bit my hand off .
Think I may just take up window cleaning ;)

I will take some pics tommorow to show what the problem was.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 05:52:48 pm »
Will look forward to that Geoff !
Cheers Jeff !

darragh windows

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 09:38:13 pm »
nearly every house we clean with lead flashing above the conservatory treated or not has marked the glass although none of it is selfcleaning glass so i to would be interested in a soloution for removing it
jamie