Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_Boxall

THINK BEFORE YOU POST!
« on: May 11, 2005, 02:29:45 pm »
Unfortunately, as Moderators, it is not always possible to send messages telling members when posts have been modified or deleted.

Will members please consider that this site can be viewed by anyone, and that accusations of malpractice do not do anyone any good whatsoever.

The vast majority of members here provide an honest value for money service to their customers. Those that don't should brag about it elsewhere! Any post that is deemed to be 'unprofessional' will be deleted without explanation.

Please consider your comments before posting them!

Thanks

Mike Boxall

paul@ctcs

Re: THINK BEFORE YOU POST!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2005, 04:01:29 pm »
Here Here!!!

It seems many of the respected forum members have lost some interest in the forum since the arrival of a few numpties lowering the tone.

The sooner cleanitup gets back to the way it was the better.

Paul

ian richards

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2005, 06:22:16 pm »

Hi

I'm on board with that.

I did state on an earlier post that some of the more RESPECTED cc's from this forum have obviously got fed up with some of the rubbish that is being posted on here, just of late, and have lost interest!

I can't say that i blame them!!

Ian

Dave_Lee

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2005, 06:57:24 pm »
Absolutely agree, it seems at times that this forum has been hijacked by some of the - lets say - Less Professional, and we that have been around a bit, can spot them a mile off. Also there seems to be some fairly new start ups giving an awful lot of advice that is questionable, if only on the grounds that they need to get some time in first. I know that this is most likely just down to early days enthusiasm, but come on, get to know the biz first.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 07:02:57 pm »
Hopefully the 'splash & dash' method of carpet cleaning, is the same way they view the forum.
Annoy people and go  ::)

Barry Pearce

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 08:42:04 am »
Newbies are naturaly gullible and innocent and are big business for manufactures and distributers, as soon as anybody asks questions about ethics and standards, anything that will hit the gravy train, PULL THE PLUG?
After all "he who pays the piper picks the tune".But the problems don't go away.
Barry

dave401uk

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 08:44:03 am »
I agree with all that has been said about the regular professional guys shying away from the forum, it does get very tedios reading some of the rubbish that is being posted of late,

we do need to return this forum to its former professional standing.

I am of on holiday today or 2 weeks to Atlanta,
i look forward to loging on when i rtn, to see the forum has rtnd to its professional level.

Dave.
Its never a pass of the wand,just a master stroke.

ian richards

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 10:12:35 am »

Dave

Have a good one mate, when you return i'll be in Dubai staying in the hotel on the left ;)

Ian

Chris Bailey

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 12:39:49 pm »
I have not posted here for a while because of certain responses recently, I think they are pulling this forum down to what is some times a slanging match.

I do keep popping in occasionally though.

Has anyone else noted on how some other members have been quiet on this forum?  Is this because they are above this, more professional than this and that some of the posts don't deserve a reply.....
Carpet Care

Leicester

ian richards

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 01:13:17 pm »

Chris

You are right with your assumptions, some of usual guys don't post half as much as they did, and it hasn't gone unoticed. It is not intended to be a slanging match, it's supposed to be a proffesional site, and a few people are getting fed up with the sort of stuff that's being posted on here lately, and before anyone starts, thats not me assuming...thats a fact.   

Ian

Len Gribble

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 07:19:02 pm »
Dave

Atlanta Georgia? Have you been there before? Great place nice people Airport something out of the ARK unless they have changed it, only one of a few time I shouted where the American Intelligence! Let me know how you get on with your luggage.

Len 
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Martin S

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2005, 07:34:09 pm »
Len,

Talking about out of the Ark.  'Kennedy' is similar!  Luggage also a nightmare!

Martin
Martin

Doug Holloway

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2005, 03:57:17 pm »
Hi Guys,

Having just returned from the land of Castro and Guevara , I've been ploughing through lots of posts and one thing which sticks out ,  is the complete lack of punctuation of some posters.

When there are no capitals,commas,full stops etc it's like listening to someone who speaks without taking a breath.

I'm not asking for perfect English but it does give the impression that carpet cleaners(some) are uneducated idiots.

So come on lets take a little care and make our contributions readable ;)

On the topic of deletions I have always had a policy of contacting any person whose 'contribution ' I have deleted to explain and I would still do this on deserving occaisions.

However the sheer volume of drivel recently  , has meant that I have deleted a lot more than usual and I haven't got the time to reply to people who know they are posting rubbish.

Remember you get the board you deserve.

Cheers,

Doug

easi-kleen

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2005, 09:35:11 am »
Some of the stuff in this thread is useless waffle my time is to precious to wade through chit chat about football teams, politics

Lets stick to carpet cleaning matters.

Thanks
Phil

Ps no offence intended to anybody who has made these posts but there are chat forums for everything elsewhere on the net

Karl Wildey

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2005, 11:39:24 am »
nice point, but a lot of the regulars on here are friends through this forum site and may not have met face to face, and therefore have the odd off subjects, jokes, footie, election, make a little relief.
As long as off-subjects do not dominate the site the occasional homour is a nice change.

Len Gribble

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 08:22:08 pm »
Phil

Karl has a very valid point! Plus its called networking, you will be surprised how good this works!

Re nicotine if redecorating in the true sense of the words, sand paper and a wallpaper striper are needed unless you are doing on the cheap no M/S will etch, if I read you post correctly.

I read most post/threads things what catch my eye I some times reply too. ;D

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 02:54:12 am »
Although I said earlier up the thread we should stick to Carpet Cleaning the Jokes, Football got even the Poltics got a lot of hits.

Its a bit like TV progs if you dont want Jokes you do not need to open them,

I have a Joke emailed a day it can get a bit much.

But Networking is important.

paul@ctcs

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 09:40:23 am »
Well said Karl ;D
A little banter is good for the forum, all work and no play makes for a sad carpet cleaner :-[
Emma and myself have made a number of friends via this forum, looking forward to Nicks opening do for the next get together :)

Paul