Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

windymiller

Unger Optiloc for Wfp?
« on: September 14, 2009, 08:20:02 pm »
Hi, i was thinking of getting a unger optiloc pole for wfp either the 7.5 meter or 9 meter.
Has anybody used one of these poles, if so what do you think of it?
Any advice much appreciated.

Spruce

Re: Unger Optiloc for Wfp?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 10:20:33 pm »
Hi
I don't think its the Unger Opti Loc that will reach to that height.

We have used Unger Teleplus poles for nearly 4 years now. I am on the my second one, mainly due to the anodising wearing off the first section leaving me with black ali hands all day ( I hate gloves). The original pole was 5 section but as we hardly used the 4th and 5th section the replacement pole was just the first 3 sections to be used with the other 2 as and when required. Spare parts are cheap.

The pole with all 5 sections is too heavy and bendy and unusable IMO so the max we ever use is 4 sections. Tightening the collars is a pain and very time consuming when compared to the lever locking mechanisms on most 'modern' poles.

We now use fishing pole conversions for the majority of our work as they are very light and a 35' SLX for those occassional higher windows.

The Unger now gets used on only one job we have that has Juilette balconies as we use it's flexability to our advantage.

I would advise you consider a carbon fibre pole, like the SLX rather than going the ali route. If price is a big issue then all I can say is that the Unger served us very well, but we would never go back to them unless there was nothing else.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

RK Cleaning Services

Re: Unger Optiloc for Wfp?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 10:38:33 pm »
I use a custom boge job ali pole as im just starting wfp and have had the pole since 04, it has unger base sections and can do about 8.5m, just used a xtel and wow the difference is amazing so as soon as ive got the cash i will be getting a 30ft glass filbe pole, poss unger
If you work out the cost of a new ali pole,brush,jets,hose,goose neck,tail end,y pice and the p+p messing about it would be cheaper to go and buy one off the shelf