Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Barryy

Running system from van battery question
« on: September 14, 2009, 03:42:24 am »
I have a van mount set-up and use a trolley system  with pump and varistream attached to power it. The battery is housed on the trolley and is very time-consuming to remove. At present, I remove my trolley from van each evening  and recharge the battery overnight in my shed (the terminals on battery are accessible without needing to remove battery from trolley). This is a big hassle, so I'm looking to run the system from my van's battery instead, but still going through the trolley. I know I can run a wire from my lighter socket and connect directly to my pump and varistream, but this would mean disconnecting my battery on the trolley, and re-connecting it every time I needed to use the trolley for those awkward cleans. My question is: Can I run a wire from the lighter socket and connect directly to my trolley battery terminals?   
PS...I'm not interested in using one of those relay thingies as I don't do a lot of driving between jobs.
Thanks.

chris@c.m.s

Re: Running system from van battery question
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 01:12:06 pm »
I used to use a male lighter socket to connect to my power pack and it started to melt, I think the possible 7-8 amp draw on then is often more than they are rated for.
Sussex by the sea