Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bennymon

Re: Chem-dry
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2005, 09:26:50 am »
all the carpets i have cleaned have come up really well  :) as for  price i would say im very competitive  :) altho i have many overheads  :'(

doug@munters

« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2005, 12:40:58 pm »
ah the velda from chemdry what a piece of poope,two seperate tanks for a and b,heaters that never worked pumps that never worked i.e you never knew for sure your cleaning solution at point of delivery was ph neutral if one side wasnt working as it should you could easilly end up with a high acidity/alkalinity solution and not know about it,losy count of the number of times suites changed colour due to solution not being correct.also heaters used to overheat the solution and would scald you let alone the fabrics and they were forever tripping fuses etc.i never trusted it used to mix my a and b solution in a container and just extract with it mixed 25/75 with water...a proper dinosaur of a machine believe me guys stick with your ninja much cheaper/better

and yes i am an ex sham-dry employee

Matt Read

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2005, 02:50:21 pm »
derek bolton made a good point...love em or hate em they did drive up prices for cc,,,which is to the benefit of us all.
Matt

bennymon

« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2005, 11:51:44 am »
to right ;)

Julie Roberts

« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2005, 09:54:14 pm »
Hi all,
I see you all question Chem Drys ability to clean carpets? Not all but some - are you aware that Regency also purchased DRL Last year? Most of the DRL guys have truck mounts, and in the USA Chem Dry have gone Truck Mount Mad, Chem Dry are having a very well known brand of truck mount made in their own colours labeled up as a Chem Dry machine! Rumour had it they are brining them to the UK. (That is only a rumour though!)
Also rumour has it that Servicemaster are brininging 20 TM units to the UK direct from the states, also a well known brand. The Chem Dry units are real and exist i will try to attach a photo of the units on display at Connections in Las Vegas last year! Rest assured Regency are big and have BIG plans, but then again so do we all!!

Derek

« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2005, 10:10:00 pm »
Hi Steve

May I firstly wish you all the best for the future..

Chem-Dry, as I have said before... love 'em or hate 'em... are masters at marketing, no one can deny that.

Servicemaster used to be number one years ago but I believe that their profile has slipped a bit in recent years, but they have diversified into other areas in a big way. Maybe a sleeping giant.

They both have the cash. organisations and influence to do it

It is not surprising that both are stepping up their profiles as I believe that the Insurance market is not so lucrative as it once was for them....methinks the domestic market beckons them yet again
There are several other organisations, including Regency, who are making great inroads within the industry... theres plenty of competition out there

Derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2005, 10:17:17 pm »
I've been saying for 2 years that CD are having TMs but they are only little ones with 200psi pumps.

Shaun

Glynn

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2005, 12:20:47 am »
HydraMaster
Regards
Glynn

bennymon

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2005, 03:40:56 pm »
hi  the truck mount has been mentioned but only a little piece in a news letter they didnt mention a price but ive been told it will cost about 15 grand.

homenclean

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2005, 01:33:27 pm »
I love quoting against Chem Dry operaters, there are 4 or 5 advertising in our yellow pages. This just confuses the customer. They all charge different prices, I have even heard of one franchise charging £200.00 for a  suite, after he had given the customer a 10% discount. He didnt get the job, we did!
Also i can remember  a lady telling me that they had physically thrown the Chem dry operater out of there house after he tried to charge £60.00 for 40 minutes work, the carpets were no better than before he started. Along we came another satisfied customer!

If Chem dry, Host, and the rest were any good dont you think Pro-chem and Chem Spec would have Jumped on the technology. As yet for dirty carpets you cant beat HWE, if you do it right the drying times are minimal.  I Cleaned our lounge carpet last week within 2 hours it was dry and my 1 year old was crawling all over it.

These Systems Come These Systems Go, HWE Remains!

Happy cleaning

John