Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spot On cleaning

Unicom
« on: August 12, 2009, 04:25:19 pm »
Hi all,

I am getting fed up with Bt's large bills and have been contacted by a firm called Unicom who promise big savings. Does anybody have any experience of these people, and if so are they any good? My latest Bt bill is £469 a quarter which is two lines, an 0800 number and having calls diverted to my mobile phone. My website is also tied in there somewhere.

Another question for you guys is this. When i made my own website i used a template package from Bt and ordered my domain name through them. I had a letter a few months back asking for a payment from a company that i had never heard of before, along with reminder e-mails stating the same. Is this a scam or do i pay somebody else after the two years are up?

David

newbroom

Re: Unicom
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 04:50:32 pm »
i believe you have to renew your domain name ownership every two years hope this helps

John Kelly

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 04:59:19 pm »
We are with BT as well. We have looked at other suppliers especially Unicom who ring us at least weekly >:( and when you get down to the nitty gritty there doesn't seem to be much of a saving.

jonnyald

Re: Unicom New
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 05:00:59 pm »
i was with unicom for about 2 years . i had to sign for 3 years to get a good low price, i then had to keep checkin my bills as they kept upping them,once i threatened to leave then they reimbursed me,but not the full amount.if you dont mind keep checking your bills ,go with em, they are cheaper .

i insisted on a pay-by-cheque account and glad i did, they generally want direct debit only and i reckon itd be nigh on impossible to get them to pay a refund if they muck up your account

this was with a former business i had and when i closed this down,unicom wouldnt believe me and eventually i had to get my local citizens advice bureau to write to them ,and then they backed off

Joe H

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 05:02:46 pm »
BT will probably have sourced your domain name externally, therefore you probably due to renew it. A lot are 2 years, some 1 year, some more. If its a .co.uk it should only be about £10 for the domain name. They may be hosting it as well which is a different ball game again.