Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

keith b

Car Headlinings (Interior)
« on: May 22, 2005, 07:32:30 am »
Hi carpet cleaners,

Please can you advise!

How do you clean the interior of the Headlining in vehicles that are mostly soiled with tobacco stains?
Is this a upholstery tool attached to a carpet cleaning machine or a steam cleaner of some sort?
Also what chemical do you use in the process?

regards

keith

Len Gribble

Re: Car Headlinings (Interior)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2005, 08:22:01 am »
Keith

I use a product called Solutions no 2 or 3 light mist and nap off, works well.

Would take care if using HWE head linings are stuck to some thing like hardboard.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Karl Wildey

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2005, 10:16:21 am »
Problems to watch are over wetting and too much suction as these will pull off the head lining.
Have not clean a car for years but the head lining is the worse job to clean in the car, good luck hope Len solution works.

keith b

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2005, 11:21:16 am »
Thanks Len & Karl

patch

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 01:15:14 pm »
I would go with len on this one, hopefuly I will be able to sample number 2 on headlinings as I believe nick is in the process of sending a bottle of solutions number 2 out to me. I would stay clear of using any sort of heat on headlinings not only due to shrinkage problems but most headlinings are fixed with a hot glue which is very tempermental to the slightest of heat before you know it you have a sagging headlining I use a interior cleaner with a spotting technique of dabbing with product & then rinsing, thanks