Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

daveappleby

varistream? worth it?
« on: August 07, 2009, 08:11:54 pm »
Think my pressure switch on my shurflo 100psi has burnt out! Cuts out and keeps ticking and humming then splutters into action then cuts out.

So will need a new pressure switch and thought about getting a varistream.

How easy are they to wire up?
How good are they?

At the mo when I have finished a job I drain all my hose & DI cylinder back into the tank as before when I wound it up under pressure the couplings didnt like it and blew!

How does the varistream cope with winding the hose up under pressure?

Any help would be great :)

R W C

Re: varistream? worth it?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 08:21:53 pm »
you got a digital controler

daveappleby

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 08:30:28 pm »
you got a digital controler

Was thinking of getting one yeah......

R W C

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 08:45:16 pm »
dont know if i got this right but one of the switches on my pump has gone and a mate told me that now is a good time in getting a digital controlar as a new switch is about £30 and a digital controller is around £70 and you dont need new switch then. Might of got my wires crossed tho.

tomy jackson

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 08:46:51 pm »
£3 and biy two microwswiches maplins

daveappleby

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 09:01:11 pm »
dont know if i got this right but one of the switches on my pump has gone and a mate told me that now is a good time in getting a digital controlar as a new switch is about £30 and a digital controller is around £70 and you dont need new switch then. Might of got my wires crossed tho.

So you saying you can by-pass the pressure switch and just use the varistream?

daveappleby

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 09:01:40 pm »
£3 and biy two microwswiches maplins

Can you elaborate on that please?

John Walker

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:08:37 pm »

Hi there.

With the Varistream you do not need the presssure switch.  The Varistream takes its place.  Very easy to wire up.

The Varistream senses when you shut the water off and shuts down.  As soon as you open up again the Varistream cuts back in. 
You can control the flow rate according to your needs.  I have been using one for nearly 2 years now and it works well for me.

Hope this helps
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

DaveG

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 09:10:01 pm »
Ive had a digi varistream from day one wouldnt be without it..i think it was £130 ish for the pump and controller
You can't polish a turd

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 09:23:39 pm »
It's useful for choosing your flow and saving on battery and pump wear, but...

Mine makes it's own decisions all the time and it's annoying.
I set a steady flow, then a few moments later it's blasting out, using all my water and battery.
So I go back and turn it down to a nice pace, then minutes later it's a dribble.
So, turn it back up...you get the picture.

Yes it certainly "varies" the stream! >:(

daveappleby

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 09:26:22 pm »

Hi there.

With the Varistream you do not need the presssure switch.  The Varistream takes its place.  Very easy to wire up.

The Varistream senses when you shut the water off and shuts down.  As soon as you open up again the Varistream cuts back in. 
You can control the flow rate according to your needs.  I have been using one for nearly 2 years now and it works well for me.

Hope this helps

Do you still have to use the pressure switch for the wiring connections? Mine is shot to bits I think so was thinking I will still need a new switch to make the necessary connections

DaveG

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 09:26:34 pm »

I set a steady flow, then a few moments later it's blasting out, using all my water and battery.
So I go back and turn it down to a nice pace, then minutes later it's a dribble.

mine was doing that a couple of weeks ago and it was a crappy connection on the battery (crocodile clip)
You can't polish a turd

R W C

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 09:26:51 pm »

Hi there.

Hope this helps

Yer this is what i thought so im not getting a switch and spending extra $40 to get digital, then ill have to wait till pump 2 goes till i replace that one.

daveappleby

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 09:30:10 pm »

Hi there.

Hope this helps

Yer this is what i thought so im not getting a switch and spending extra $40 to get digital, then ill have to wait till pump 2 goes till i replace that one.

So do you know how you are going to wire it up yet? I was thinking you would still need the switch in place to make the circuit?

R W C

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 09:33:05 pm »

Hi there.

Hope this helps

So do you know how you are going to wire it up yet? I was thinking you would still need the switch in place to make the circuit?

The mate of mine is going to do it for me as i want all my pumps and controlers in different places as i dont like the place purefreedom have put them, Im quite lucky as my mate has been wfp since the start and one of the 1st to go static so he knows more then most dealers (wc dealers i mean  ;D)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 09:53:26 pm »

mine was doing that a couple of weeks ago and it was a crappy connection on the battery (crocodile clip)
Ah right, cheers. I'll look into that...

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 09:35:23 pm »

Do you think it's got prostate trouble?
It's a game of three halves!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 09:41:02 pm »
Well it's getting on a bit Malc! ;D

John Walker

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 10:10:00 pm »

Hi there.

Hope this helps

Do you still have to use the pressure switch for the wiring connections? Mine is shot to bits I think so was thinking I will still need a new switch to make the necessary connections

No need for the pressure switch.  The first thing you do when fitting a VariStream is to disconnect the pressure switch completely!!
BaxWalker Window Cleaning