Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

aiminvestor

Re: gutter vac from window cleaning warehouse
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:18:59 pm »
Dictum meum pactum

stephen s

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:11:21 am »
so whats it like to use and how good is it ?

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:14:25 am »
I would not like to have that hose up in the air, it weighs a ton when wet let alone blocked.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

GWCS

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 09:18:24 am »
I would not like to have that hose up in the air, it weighs a ton when wet let alone blocked.

Yeah when the hose gets grit and all manor of sludge attached to the insides its very heavy! 

Remember the larger the hose the more stuff will stick to the inside due to an increased area.

Is it me or does that vac just not look big enough to cope with the amount of sludge you can get inside guttering.

aiminvestor

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:07:12 am »

Yeah when the hose gets grit and all manor of sludge attached to the insides its very heavy! 

Remember the larger the hose the more stuff will stick to the inside due to an increased area.

Is it me or does that vac just not look big enough to cope with the amount of sludge you can get inside guttering.

Yes that's why i posted the picture, it doesn't look more than a glorified hoover to me, and it's ahrd to imagine it's up to the job.

i would welcome feedback form a user.

If anyone here uses the Omnipole gutter vac, i would be interested to know how it performs.  For example, how does it cope with plants growing in gutters, rather than just loose leaves?
Dictum meum pactum

GWCS

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 10:47:32 am »
You need to combine the usage of a gutter spike for plants in gutters.

The vacuum will only pick up lose material not compacted stuff.

That one posted is only 2400watts only usable for 2 storey resi work - however at that price your better off doing a diy version.

All gutter vacs are wet/dry vacuum just re branded to be a gutter vacuum - that is no different.

Glyn H

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 01:32:26 pm »
This is one of our customers videos - posted on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjhlEckfcM&

aiminvestor

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 02:23:31 pm »
You need to combine the usage of a gutter spike for plants in gutters.

The vacuum will only pick up lose material not compacted stuff.

That one posted is only 2400watts only usable for 2 storey resi work - however at that price your better off doing a diy version.

All gutter vacs are wet/dry vacuum just re branded to be a gutter vacuum - that is no different.

Very useful, thank you.
Dictum meum pactum

trevor perry

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 04:01:40 pm »
This is one of our customers videos - posted on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjhlEckfcM&

now i have seen that video i deffinately wouldnt buy one
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

trevor perry

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 06:58:47 pm »
perhaps you prefer these videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x3urEcSmbg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t56RnkbKYm0&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcmkXCsjQc&feature=channel
the last video looks ok in that at least it is a considerable height and the gutters are wide enough to take the attachments so on jobs like that i think it is probably very good but i think there are still a lot of improvements to be made to attachments etc to be good enough for me to part with the readies, fair play to you though in keep trying im sure when youve overcome them problems it will sell well if not already selling well.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

big J

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 07:36:04 pm »
glyn do you offer any training for people who buy your gutter vac ? and would you recomend 110v or 240v please
modern day methods ......tradtional values

ftp

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 09:04:06 pm »
Most be a bind having one guy up a ladder directing another on the ground?

Glyn H

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 12:04:43 am »
glyn do you offer any training for people who buy your gutter vac ? and would you recomend 110v or 240v please

Yes we do offer free training.
The 110 or 240 volt choice depends on the type of work you wish to carry out.
We sell an equal amount of both voltages - domestic property contractors tend to favour the 240 volt version, whilst many commercial sites such as Airports,Universities, Rail  networks etc insist on 110 voltage as do property refurbishment contracts.

JSMC

« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 10:40:44 am »
that vac video with guy up ladder sort of defeats the purpose. ff's a guy directing what needs done mmmm

R W C

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 10:45:29 am »
that vac video with guy up ladder sort of defeats the purpose. ff's a guy directing what needs done mmmm

I dont think this is what would happen every time think its just for demenstration purpose to show how it works as there would be no other way of showing people, I think there good videos and got me interested in investing, even bought a domain name all ready.

ftp

« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 12:59:13 pm »
Back to the original post - no, I haven't bought one either, but for nothing above two storey work it might work ok. Use customers power and it would be a lightweight alternative to the other options.

JSMC

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 06:26:41 pm »
i'm thinking of going diy with hose up the side of pole and a good vac. Someone got ali pole made up on here but can't mind who it was.

search my posts as i have been asking about it loads. Ye will need attachments though as some tiles hand over gutter slightly