Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

GWCS

Power/Pressure Washing Insurance
« on: August 08, 2009, 09:18:51 pm »
Not quite window cleaning but since many window cleaners do it i thought id ask..

How much do you pay for your PL insurance for pressure/power washing?

Who is your policy with? and who are the brokers?

Thanks!

Nathanael Jones

Re: Power/Pressure Washing Insurance
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 09:33:30 pm »
€600 per annum for €6.5 million cover with a trademaster policy from Zurich. Covers me for everything except cherry picker work,.. though getting them to add "Minimal ladder use" to the policy took a couple of phone calls and a bit of explanation about the pole system + info on my ladder minimisation policy etc etc.

It covers me for property worked on, covers office/shop cleaning as well as window cleaning & pressure washing,.. even covers me for a job I do cleaning a power station! ;)

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 11:40:57 pm »
£230 a year for Employers Liability - £5,000,000
For pressure washing, including cherry picker work(not driving the cherry picker), windows, graffiti removal, gutter cleaning

Covers me and one other person

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2009, 10:29:01 am »
i was told it was difficult and expensive to get insurance for powerwashing, because of the risk to flying dirt!!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 10:45:35 am »
I wasn't able to get a lower quote for window cleaning on its own,.. but in the UK I'm told premiums can be a lot lower?

GWCS

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2009, 02:42:35 pm »
im insured with glenham. But I used confused.com as a broker

confused.com are actually being handled by simply business - well they were when i looked last night.

My window cleaning is already delt with them, so as you cant get a direct quote because it not covered in the list of trades, i have asked them to phone me on monday pronto!

Really annoying you cant get direct quotes on the web, they take all your details then say "we'll call you" grrrr!!!

I only want a ruddy estimate - you know a ball park figure not a confirmed one.. damn insurance brokers!