Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peter holley

advice on marketing.
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:54:07 pm »
ok... iv been in the wc game for 17 yrs ...4 yrs wfp.. iv a good custie base......i do a fair few fascia and gutter cleaning jobs... and would like to push this side more ...

the biggest obstacle is time.... I know that door knocking is the best form of promoting a buisness.. but it takes time.

so this is what i need advice on where is my money best spent in promoting fascia and gutter cleaning.

ie.  leaflets.....paper.....etc?    your experiences pleaese?

tony talbot

Re: advice on marketing.
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 09:51:08 pm »
try offering your exisiting custys a 10% discount for gutter cleaning and fascias. they may not be aware that you offer this service.

Pureandclean

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 09:58:09 pm »
We have recently started leaving windowed envelopes containing a large letter with our address on.
This is to save customers having to look for an envelope, but within the letter we are promoting our other services.
The thing that baffles me is, that no matter how much I try to remind the customers to put their address on the note so we know who has paid, I still get several cheques a month that I have no idea who has sent them  ???
It means that I now no longer have complete confidence in my records and so have to ask everyone that owes me whether they have sent a cheque.

jodan63

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 10:04:50 pm »
doesnt the cheque have the name of your customer on it ??? ???

peter holley

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 10:08:25 pm »
We have recently started leaving windowed envelopes containing a large letter with our address on.
This is to save customers having to look for an envelope, but within the letter we are promoting our other services.
The thing that baffles me is, that no matter how much I try to remind the customers to put their address on the note so we know who has paid, I still get several cheques a month that I have no idea who has sent them  ???
It means that I now no longer have complete confidence in my records and so have to ask everyone that owes me whether they have sent a cheque.

I write the address on the back of the envelope ;)

Pureandclean

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 10:11:18 pm »
Thanks I think I am going to have to do that.
 I haven't kept customers names in the past, but it is something I am starting to do, now.

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 10:28:37 pm »
How many custies(total) graham? Are you saying you use george or similar but don't have everyone name?

GWCS

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 05:57:55 pm »
Thanks I think I am going to have to do that.
 I haven't kept customers names in the past, but it is something I am starting to do, now.

double charge them!

then they will come running and say they have paid..

did you? how? with a cheque you say?, did you write your name and addy on it then? No - oh right..  ::)

works every time.

Pureandclean

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 11:00:29 pm »
we do use george, but I didn't ask for names, just settled for addresses, but collecting names would help recognise cheques. would help with marketing in the future.
But writing address under flap of envelope is a simple enough way of solving the problem.