Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ftp

I've got to move
« on: August 01, 2009, 08:31:56 pm »
I'm surrounded by idiots.

I'm gleaning the gutters of a house today soaked to the skin and pretty miserable.
Bloke walks up watching me wash down the fascias.
"you do cladding?"
Yes I do.
"Well give me a quote at number 5"
Ok be a couple of hours at least.

Turned up and the guy says "how much?"
Ooh I don't know how much do you want me to do?
"same as next door!"
Ok so you want me to wash down all this flakey paint?
No! the cladding!
Well you don't have much ???
Of course I don't that's why I want you to put it up!
 ::) ::) ::)

cozy

Re: I've got to move
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 08:38:53 pm »
Looks like a new member of that highly motivated team of your usual custies mate. These  people sometimes wait for hours for you to turn up lol. It's no good moving to another part of UK.They will just follow you ;D ;D ;D ;D

GWCS

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2009, 09:10:03 pm »
Got asked today by an Asian person on the phone for a quote for "Garden Cleaning" as they are moving house..

Im a "Window Cleaner" came my reply..  (Its a bit obvious from the company name)  ::)

elite mike

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2009, 09:10:56 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

R W C

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 09:23:46 pm »
Plymouth is ment to be nice  ;D

martinsadie

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2009, 09:36:39 pm »
Plymouth is ment to be nice  ;D
been a few times and it is,once strayed into the pubs in the red light district back in the early 90s wondered why it was so busy for a tuesday,full of squddies and very rough

ftp

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 10:06:13 pm »
I had that a while ago, from an oriental sounding lady on the phone...

Oriental lady 'Hello, do you do cladding?

Me 'Yes, we do, can I ask where You got our number from please?

Oriental lady 'Your Window Cleaning website'

Me 'Okay, thanks, now what is it you wanted exactly?'

Oriental lady 'We want it all done'

Me 'Okay, well it sounds like I'll have to come out and have a look, can you give me your postcode and house number please?'

Oriental lady 'Yes, okay, its bla bla bla bla bla  bla, what time will you be out?'

Me 'Oh, I'm a bit busy at the moment, how about I pop round at the weekend and we can have a chat and take it from there'

Oriental lady 'Well, we need it done by the weekend'

Me 'Oh I dont think I can get it done by then, as cleaning goes we're very busy at the moment'

Oriental loon 'Cleaning? I dont want it cleaned, I want new cladding fitted on the whole of the outside of the house'

Me 'So why did you phone a window......oh never mind, goodbye'

Did she wing the wong number?

R W C

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2009, 10:12:01 pm »
I wang won tonight hmmmmm it was lovely.

Londoner

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2009, 09:25:57 am »
One of the reasons I don't like canvassing is because you seem to trawl up all sorts of idiots who seem to be totally receptive to the idea of having their windows cleaned but only because you have just knocked on their door and suggested it. Before that the idea had never crossed their mind.

The trouble is they lose interest just as quickly and start messing you about.

One of my customers had a bloke knock on her door and offered to clean her drive. She agreed and he did a rubbish job and charged her £300. It was completely on the spur of the moment, she had never even remotely considered having her drive done until that moment.

People are strange.

ftp

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2009, 01:29:19 pm »
Just popped in from a commercial job. Done it today because I know the car park will be abandoned. Had my pole at 50' fighting a gust when this frigging woman squeezes her car between me and the wall and drives over my hose. The only car in the whole car park  ???

Next i have to use a supermarket car park to do the other side, so I'm stood in the pedestrian marked bit with 30' of pole, warning signs and a clear run of 100yds of walkway - nothing can go wrong.
Not untill some idiot walks tight in to me that is ???
Watched another trip over my warning cone whilst on his mobile  -  classic  ;D