Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

g4reth

Di resin
« on: July 27, 2009, 01:22:44 pm »
I am a newbie to all this so I need all help I can get.  I am getting a TDS reading of 150 and I am using a 25 litre di tank.  Is that reading good enough to do the job with just the resin, or will I need an RO?  Plus how many litres of resin do I need to put in that size tank and how long do you think it will last.  Soz for being a pain.  Thanks everyone.  ;D

Nathanael Jones

Re: Di resin
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:36:10 pm »
A tds of 150 will use the resin fairly fast,.. an RO would pay for itself in 4 or 5 months.

A 25 litre vessel will prob take 22 litres of resin,.. I've never managed to get a full bag into mine anyway!

kaz and pete

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 06:11:31 pm »
hi we have been a di resin tank for a few months now and our reading is 250 and out of a 25 lt tank witch will only hold 22 lts we get about 2500 of pure water so you should get lots more we live in a hard water area but we find that there is no waste water like there is with an ro system although it is cheaper to run

chuggers

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 12:01:11 pm »
Gareth you can always just run through resin for a few months and calculate the cost of replacing the resin and see how it is working out for you. You can compare this to the cost of a RO unit, which would require filter changes every few months. In the long run, RO will always be cheaper but at a tds of 150 it may be some time before it starts paying for itself. 
It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.