Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

adixon

Freedom trolley charger
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:35:40 pm »
wondering if any of you guys can tell me what sequence the lights on the charger are?
i had to buy a new charger from them came today two lights on it and came with no instructions
as soon as i plug it in turns red for a split second and then turns green (first light)  second light is off can anyone enlighten me the old charger went red when plugged in and turned green when fully charged

thanks andy

Slash

Re: Freedom trolley charger
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 05:27:37 pm »
Your better off giving them a ring,I know what you mean,on mine there is a red light and two green ones but it only seems to light up one green one but I'm happy with that.

weetot

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:00:52 pm »
Ive got one of these, and i think the red one when first plugged in and switched on is a bulking charge.
Then it settles down to the green light which is a .......oh hang on I'll see if i can find me instructions :)
Never take financial advice from people who have no money!

EZclean

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 06:03:53 pm »
the red light is charging, the green light is charged/trickle
dunno what the #2  is for its never lit up.

so if the red goes off quickly to green, it either means your battery is charged or there is a fault with it
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

weetot

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 06:06:27 pm »
OK found it....The LED will illuminate a green a green or red light to indicate its status. When the charger is first turned on, the LED should be green to indicate the power is on. The LED will then turn red to indicate the initial bulk charge taking place. When the LED turns green again this shows that the charger has switched over to float charge and the battery is ready for use. ;D

weetot

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 06:10:51 pm »
The no:2 LED is green when the charger is in normal ststus, but if the charger is reversed connected i.e wrong coloured terminals black to red, red to black etc: then it will illuminate red to indicate wrong connection.

It also says when you are ready to use, turn off mains and disconnect from battery, not that you would think of doing that and take your garage wall and socket with you in the van :P :P ;D

adixon

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 03:17:51 am »
cheers guys it was the red and black terminal on the trolley that had to be changed as well as the new charger