Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ken

Window Cleaners for Macmillan! Part II
« on: June 18, 2009, 08:07:31 am »
The day has nearly arrived. After much training and preparation, 5 of us, plus support, are setting out tomorrow from Cheltenham Town Hall to walk to Pen-y-Fan in the Brecon Beacons. Why? To raise as much money as we can for Macmillan Cancer Support!

Please check out our website at www.spa2summit.org or maybe pop along to http://www.justgiving.com/spa2summit and make a little donation. All support gratefully received!

Many Thanks

Ken

Re: Window Cleaners for Macmillan! Part II
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 08:12:50 am »
Good luck Ken.

I havent donated as I already donate with a bank Direct Debit to Macmillan, funny....got their monthly newsletter come through yesterday.

What you are doing is fabulous, good luck, Im sure it'll be a great time, the weathers with you too.

WELL DONE!!

Matt

Ken

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 11:48:43 am »
Thanks Matt!
Check our blog to see how we're getting on, we're going to try and update on the move! It's at http://spa2summit.blogspot.com/

Rob.Hall

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 10:06:23 pm »
I know the Beacons well.

Thats where they beasted me in training.

Good Luck.

Will be giving a donation when the wife gives me back my walet... >:(

Sapphire Window Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 10:10:41 pm »
Good luck everyone, its a worthy cause too.
My mother had cancer 3 years ago and macmillan were really really good, helpful and informative.
Reaching parts traditional window cleaners can not reach.

Ken

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 10:21:13 am »
Thanks for your comments guys. I had to drop out yesterday morning after about 53 miles with blister problems like you wouldn't believe. The remaining 4 pushed on with loads of support from friends and family, and reached the summit of Pen-y-Fan with 37 minutes to spare! I'm hanging today, so what they must feel like, I have no idea! Checkout the blog at spa2summit.blogspot.com for details of how the challenge unfolded or pop along to www.justgiving.com/spa2summit to make a donation.

Thanks again

Ken