Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Small but perfectley formed

S.L flocked
« on: June 29, 2009, 09:44:26 pm »
Any one got one with metal staples coming through the back  ? just received last week didnt notice until i put in a bucket to soak after using.
Spit and polish

NWH

Re: S.L flocked
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 10:18:17 pm »
Use a metal file to get rid of the odd 1 poking through.

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 10:40:42 pm »
surley the bristle wont fall out will they,

brianbarber

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 10:51:20 pm »
Spoke to gardiners last week, they aware of it but reckon it's been tested and it won't scratch. I just called to say if I get a problem, then I have already logged this with them. They say it's a manufacturing issue!!!
Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 06:22:05 am »
odd one more like a dozen ???
Spit and polish

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 07:44:05 am »
Spoke to gardiners last week, they aware of it but reckon it's been tested and it won't scratch. I just called to say if I get a problem, then I have already logged this with them. They say it's a manufacturing issue!!!
Mr B

This is not a fault or even a problem. There is minor staple penetration on the reverse of the stock in the two recessed areas either side of the socket. This will in no way affect the performance of the brush and would be impossible to damage or scratch a window or frame with. If anything it will make the the bristles more firmly attached to the stock.

If you look at the reverse of a tucker brush there is staple penetration across the whole of the back of the stock.

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 06:49:46 pm »
I file (using a rasp or sander) the back and sides of a Tucker brush right down to the staples or bristles to reduce the stock size and weight, similar to Gardiners SL lightweight brush.
SL brush is very good except for hard to shift, stubborn bird pooh and sick left on window panes and UPVC frames which is where the benefit of using a cut down Tucker comes into it's own in terms of better scrubbing power.
Wish Gardinerpoles would make a wider SL brush with more bristles fitted, then I might possibly be able to retire the Tucker brushes.