Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pur

After the builder
« on: June 11, 2009, 10:21:16 pm »
Got to a job today and the builder's have been there. Taken the old rendering off the walls and re plasterd and pebble dashed (nice job ) but they'v been using PVA to bond the layers and they'v used it as if they have shares in the company.
It all over the windows frames and sill's.
Anybody with any idea how to get it off without resorting to a sharp scraper.
Dont fancy using sharp equipment on Upvc frames.

Pur
Dydd da pawb.

Tom Mac

Re: After the builder
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 10:31:36 am »
I tell my customers to get the builders back and clean it up, that way you dont carry the can for any damage. Failling that, you have to put your price in for a one off clean. Dont clean up anothers persons shoddy work, your not responsible for it

AJ

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 11:07:38 am »
Don't touch it. As above, get the builders back. Explain to her nicely that you can't be responsible for any damage the substance may have caused, so you would prefer not to get involved with it.

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 04:35:28 pm »
Some times the only way is sharp razors and industry known usage methods.

Unless you want to play about with chemicals/acids.

Put you price in (price per hour - you can never be sure until you finish how long it will take, so give a increased estimate)and advise of the issues, such as scratching of the glass, get a damage waiver signed too.

I agree the windows should have been properly covered up before rendering was taken place, but then again, its money for you if you get it, so cant complain :P

Got one myself today.. i like shoddy builders , plasterers and painters  8) ;D