Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: Been asked to do a huge mansion but unsure about pricing
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2009, 10:55:03 pm »
Who's going to pay £300 for a window clean? You can have a mote cleaned for nothing.
You`d be surprised a lot more people than you think,small change for some even in todays climate.

Window Washers

« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2009, 11:02:14 pm »
Who's going to pay £300 for a window clean? You can have a mote cleaned for nothing.
You`d be surprised a lot more people than you think,small change for some even in todays climate.
Have to agree, I have a few over this price per 6 weeks, but they tend to drag cheques a little yet happy to pay late charges on top  ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

macmac

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 04:43:40 pm »
I did most of the work on Monday and finished off today.Yeah I'm hoping I can get it down to a normal days work and then £200 is very acceptable,in my book anyway.If I'd quoted more then I sensed I ran the risk of her telling me to sling my hook.To be perfectly honest,I didn't actually note the number of windows.I went round and estimated how long each window would take me and added them all up.There's a bloody lot though!The old style leaded is what took the time.At the end of the day she's my best customer financially by a country mile so I'm pleased I got her.Especially if I can nab a neighbour or two.

I think you'll get it down to 8hrs deffo. How did you clean the leaded?

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 05:56:32 pm »

I honestly think this is a mistake. Assuming that you can get the job done in less time, while it is reasonable that this will happen, you may also be in a position that they only call every 6 months. It then becomes an initial clean each time. The very fact that others are quoting £200 for just the outside should sound the alarm bells as you are doing inside and out for this price.

One of my greatest mistakes when I set up in the last recession was to under price. I thought I had to go in cheap to get the job. The problem is you are stuck with the price and any increase will be difficult if you ever want to be in-line with the other window cleaners. They charge that amount for a reason!

While you will get the work, however from my experience, you can get stuck with hard cheap work for some time. This type of work should be the cream trying to "get it down to 8 hours" will turn it into a chore.

Craig 72

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 08:53:37 pm »

Just with a spray and scrim then buff with microfibre.Time consuming but seemed to do the job well.As I say I'm still green with all this so any opinions for a quicker way greatly appreciated.

Craig 72

« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2009, 09:00:56 pm »

I honestly think this is a mistake. Assuming that you can get the job done in less time, while it is reasonable that this will happen, you may also be in a position that they only call every 6 months. It then becomes an initial clean each time. The very fact that others are quoting £200 for just the outside should sound the alarm bells as you are doing inside and out for this price.

One of my greatest mistakes when I set up in the last recession was to under price. I thought I had to go in cheap to get the job. The problem is you are stuck with the price and any increase will be difficult if you ever want to be in-line with the other window cleaners. They charge that amount for a reason!

While you will get the work, however from my experience, you can get stuck with hard cheap work for some time. This type of work should be the cream trying to "get it down to 8 hours" will turn it into a chore.

I hear what you're saying mate.She only told me what others had quoted when I'd finished the job so it wasn't like I was deliberately going in cheap.£200 to me for a days (long day admittedly) window cleaning is still decent I think,especially as I only have a relatively handful of customers.She wants me to come back every month on an outside one month,outside and inside next month basis.I'm happy with that for now.If there comes a point in the future when I have plenty of customers and I find it a pain to do I'll knock it on the head.I'm learning as I go along so if any other 'biggies' come along I'll price accordingly.

macmac

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2009, 10:23:47 pm »

Just with a spray and scrim then buff with microfibre.Time consuming but seemed to do the job well.As I say I'm still green with all this so any opinions for a quicker way greatly appreciated.

A damp microfiber then buff with dry microfiber I find best. ;)

« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2009, 11:02:11 pm »

I hear what you're saying mate.She only told me what others had quoted when I'd finished the job so it wasn't like I was deliberately going in cheap.£200 to me for a days (long day admittedly) window cleaning is still decent I think,especially as I only have a relatively handful of customers.She wants me to come back every month on an outside one month,outside and inside next month basis.I'm happy with that for now.If there comes a point in the future when I have plenty of customers and I find it a pain to do I'll knock it on the head.I'm learning as I go along so if any other 'biggies' come along I'll price accordingly.

Fair point, it's a learning curve for sure. Keep asking for advice but remember on forums you have to filter out the nonsense.

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2009, 11:36:38 pm »
I use the learning curve too. I often disagree with what is said.Every now and again i make a new connection and try a different approach as a result of what had been said. I've always been an ideas factory but with so many othr people on this forum it stands to reason that every now and again someone will barf a winner.That's the other thing i try to do, spot other peoples winners.

Very often i am totally wrong.

Once or twice i've been right, that's not much considering the ideas i trial. My three biggies are the hot system(  first to self install), electric reel ( first again), and my route one marketing (i think i was first but there has never been a forum topic that's approached it).

Very often i find the posts that strongly disagree with me the most productive because they force me to think the hardest and that's when the really creative ideas seem to come for me.

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2009, 03:04:51 pm »
Route one marketing?

R W C

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2009, 03:41:17 pm »
Didnt you do this over 2 days

Craig 72

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2009, 03:46:22 pm »
I did indeed,but only because the customer had to go out about half two on the first day so she asked if I could come back.Suited me fine actually,I'd had enough by then if I'm honest.

GWCS

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2009, 06:35:28 pm »
I did indeed,but only because the customer had to go out about half two on the first day so she asked if I could come back.Suited me fine actually,I'd had enough by then if I'm honest.

they soon get used to you, and go out while your there doing the work.

I have one that waits for me to turn up and then goes off out asking me to lock up. "Monies on the table help yourself to tea and cake".  ;D