Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

What Presure washer?
« on: May 21, 2009, 04:05:56 pm »
I going to invest in an Powerpole+ Accesories from Omnipole.

But I would like to go the full hog and get a petrol pressure washer too.

But the choice is bewildering, as well as bloody expensive !

What would be a good PSI for gutters, UPVC , Con Roofs ect?

What HP would you recommend?

I understand Honda are good engines, but also  the most expensive.

What else offers good value for money?

Thanks
 :)

THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

Skyglide

Re: What Presure washer?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 04:26:02 pm »
We bought a 'cheap'petrol pressure washer from a PowerSeller on Ebay.  It was made in China, all copy parts and we did no more than 5 jobs withi it until the big end went 'bang' in the middle of a job.
Buy cheap, buy twice.
Now have a Karcher petrol pressure washer with Honda engine.  Well designed, geniune thing that is 100% reliable. In 3 years all we've done is fill it up with petrol, never even looked at the plug.

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 04:47:54 pm »
Good advice, thanks.
THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

GWCS

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 06:26:44 pm »
Wouldn't use a pressure washer for conny roofs, you will invalidate the warranty.

ftp

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 08:11:30 pm »
You won't want anything too mega for gutters or it will blast your lance all over the place.
I've been using an electric Kranzle which only draws seven litres per minute at 120 bar and it's fine for that kind of work. If you want to go into patio washing then you'll need something more powerfull which will gulp water so fast that you'll need a holding tank because a tap won't keep pace with it.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:45:00 pm »
Pressure washing can make great money.
Its not worth doing it by halves, get a decent one that will be good for cleaning driveways etc, just make sure it has an adjustable unloader valve so you can turn the pressure down. The other thing to look for is quick connect interchangeable nozzles. Turbo nozzles are great, but sometimes are a bit too harsh so its handy to be able to swap for a softer nozzle.

I'd recommend a Honda 13HP washer. Gerabox or belt driven pump, NOT direct drive. Flow rate is nearly as important as PSI,.. anything above 3000PSI is good,.. 15litres per minute is a minimum. Some decent machines run at 21Lpm.

Electric start is nice too if your budget can stretch.

This ebay seller has some great deals,.. here is the machine I'm thinking of buying:
http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230286414861

Milltown Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 11:38:19 pm »
that is the washer that i use!! great all round system. it will have all the power you should ever need and a decent flow of water aswell.

A bit of common sense is required if you want to use it for fascia or conservatory cleaning - turn the power well down.
in my normal use i would usually have the power at 75% - no  point in over working the engine and wasting fuel!!

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 09:01:29 am »
I'm planning to mount the machine in the van and get 200' of hose.
Those machines are heavy, so lifting them in and out of the van is best avoided if possible.

I'm also after an X-Jet M5 for applying detergent as you'll find some jobs can actually be done quicker with a low pressure "softwash" than high pressure cleaning and with less chance of causing damage too. Wall washing especially is suited to this.

Window Washers

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 09:04:46 am »
I'm planning to mount the machine in the van and get 200' of hose.
Those machines are heavy, so lifting them in and out of the van is best avoided if possible.

I'm also after an X-Jet M5 for applying detergent as you'll find some jobs can actually be done quicker with a low pressure "softwash" than high pressure cleaning and with less chance of causing damage too. Wall washing especially is suited to this.
I have a power pole for doing that, but have been looking at the X jets, just have to test the power pole first me thinks ::)
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)