Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jr windows

How are the l5 heaters getting on
« on: May 20, 2009, 10:09:00 pm »
A bit ago I posted about l5 gas heaters. Just wondered how people are finding them still?
Cheers jason

Nathanael Jones

Re: How are the l5 heaters getting on
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 10:25:49 pm »
Still using mine,.. I'll never go back to cold!

LWC

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2009, 10:32:18 pm »
This is funny this has come up as i was gonna post.

More hassle than worth in my opinion, mines out of van and back to lovely cold  ;D

And to be very honest, it aint THAT good, its ok...not be end and end all at all...and the staement of its like going from ladders to pole .... its not

matt

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:48:14 pm »

More hassle than worth in my opinion, mines out of van and back to lovely cold  ;D

And to be very honest, it aint THAT good, its ok...not be end and end all at all...and the staement of its like going from ladders to pole .... its not

thats interesting as i was bored yesterday so i was thinking of a new project and thought of hot water AGAIN, i came up with a different concept on what most do, but i have to look into it a little more first

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 12:11:08 am »
Oh don't raise the l5 one again pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease Oh and no Matt you cant add curry powder to make a hot system  :)
Sussex by the sea

The Seven Bays Window Cleaning Company

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 05:57:52 am »
I sold mine.

Loved the hot water, but couldn't justify the weekly running costs.
THE SEVEN BAYS WINDOW CLEANING COMPANY

ALAN HAYNES

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 06:28:53 am »
mine has been in use for ten months now

never had any problems with it and as nat said would not want to go back to cold

maybe i am going soft

tomy jackson

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 07:00:46 am »
mines going well

cybersye

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 07:58:19 am »
I sold mine.

what were the costs out of interest ?
I know very little about these apart from what I've read on here, but I presume you can set them up so you can just use hot for first cleans and heavy deposits of bird muck / egg etc. , does anybody else use them this way ?

ALAN HAYNES

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 08:30:36 am »
you can get up and running for less than 200 hundred

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 09:15:30 am »
I sold mine.

what were the costs out of interest ?
I know very little about these apart from what I've read on here, but I presume you can set them up so you can just use hot for first cleans and heavy deposits of bird muck / egg etc. , does anybody else use them this way ?

Yep, you can turn the heater off and work with cold if you want (You won't want to!)
My weekly running costs average about €5 or €6,.. on a really busy week it might go as high as €10, but very rare would I use that much gas.

GWCS

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2009, 09:44:31 am »
I found the heater created spotting.. must have been the internals of it.

when i use cold it was fine no spots but when i used the hot it left very small drying spots. ( I checked this a number of times on my own windows - and they are always washed and cleaned weekly.

So i only use it now on non window cleaning services.

tomy jackson

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 12:34:15 pm »
thats odd with your spoting

steven ainger

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 02:55:00 pm »
still use mine everyday i work.
ive been using it about 7/8 months now, it costs me roughly £30 a month, i honestly believe i work faster and earn more money because of it, and easily cover the cost in gas

jr windows

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2009, 03:52:19 pm »
Is anyone selling a heater?

Cheers jason

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2009, 08:57:55 pm »

If you want a concept to think about, they say running two poles off one heater can't be done. Or at least i'm told it can't, people generally run one hot and one cold.So that's the next challenge. Any thoughts?

thats interesting as i was bored yesterday so i was thinking of a new project and thought of hot water AGAIN, i came up with a different concept on what most do, but i have to look into it a little more first

LWC

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 09:02:55 pm »
still use mine everyday i work.
ive been using it about 7/8 months now, it costs me roughly £30 a month, i honestly believe i work faster and earn more money because of it, and easily cover the cost in gas

Im sorry but i think thats all physiological.

martindrz400

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2009, 09:36:58 pm »
mine is still running perfect after 7 months the cost is about £19 a month i get my gas from a builders merchants which is about £8 cheaper a bottle

matt

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 10:39:48 am »

If you want a concept to think about, they say running two poles off one heater can't be done. Or at least i'm told it can't, people generally run one hot and one cold.So that's the next challenge. Any thoughts?

couldnt you have TWO flow controllers ( 1 for each pole ) AFTER the heater

thus

tank --- heater ---split pipe into 2 --- each having a flow controller

then wouldnt the heater fire up with either of the poles flowing ? ? ?

just a thought, as the heater only fires up i guess when the water flows ?  ??