Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ohh peeved
« on: May 18, 2009, 05:02:29 pm »
I had a customer call me when I was out and leave a messaging saying that I had missed a pain of her window and not to come back. So I called her up and asked if I could come out and fix it for her, and she said yes.

I was adamant that I hadn't missed it as as I only did the outside, I though the marks might be on the inside, so I went up to her door rather than just getting the ladders off, and asked if I could take a look.

I washed both inside and outside of the pain in question, and there was still marks, however it was condensation marks between the pains of the double glazing.

I explained this, she said yes I can see that now, you wont fall out with me now, will you?

I know my concious is clear now that I went back, but don't know if I should bother going back to her anyway, I wasn't going to get much of a chance to correct it if I had made a genuine mistake unless I had called her like I did, so think she will just turn out to be a pain.

would you go back?

R W C

Re: ohh peeved
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 05:05:19 pm »
If this is the 1st time youve been told that youve missed a window or they dont look good, and its been the insides this will happen many times, I had it only the other day and guess what it was the insides,

Chris

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 05:11:17 pm »
I have had that before, but they gave me a chance to correct what they thought was me not cleaning it properly and was apologetic when shown that it is the inside, but what get me is that she was quite happy to drop me before giving me a chance, but either way I took a bit of satisfaction and pride in my work in showing her that I did in fact clean them.

Window Washers

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 05:24:47 pm »
I would go back, but I would also make clear they if the mistake is not yours and you where called back for there mkistake they would be charged for the time taken.
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

cozy

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 05:27:50 pm »
I would keep her, if it's sorted then that's that. Money is money. No conflict, so no problem mate.

Get problems with paying, then "Good bye"

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 06:27:04 pm »
Is she fit?  ;D

LWC

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 06:31:13 pm »

andyatkinson

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 06:39:23 pm »
stupid llama, gosh! ;D

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 06:41:23 pm »
Anyway you know I'm training to be a cage fighter

andyatkinson

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 06:44:46 pm »
uncle rico, stop ruining peoples lives and eating all the steak!
its probably the best drawing ive ever done, the shading on the upper lip took me half an hour alone!

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 08:11:04 pm »
Bow to your sensei.
BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!

lee_dewing

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 08:40:11 pm »
i would not bother mate.

I bet if you do go back before long there will be another problem,

I don't entertain this type of customer,  arrogant
like all on here you do a good job, polite professional,  but to some you will always be the 5hitbag window cleaner ::)

Get in first give her the sack ;)
lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2009, 07:46:34 am »
I have had a couple of old girls who done this to me.I put myself out to go back and then pointed the problem out,the insides were to blame....they have now become very good customers with plenty of referalls.So i would hang in there and see how it goes before making that final decision.
Dan :)

Rob.Hall

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:41:44 am »
Some people do not understand problems with windows misting etc.

Benifit of the doubt.......and She did make a form of appology.

EZclean

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 12:43:05 pm »
i'd go back, i imagine she felt quite silly after. and because you went back to sort it she now knows you got pride in your work and are conscientious.
but it depends if its worth going back, is it a good hit? i put up with some customers because its just such good money
EZclean - Cleaner Than Water

Johnny B

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 11:35:37 pm »
You did the right thing by going back, checking and redoing the window. That shows that you have pride in your work, which will have impressed your customer. She may have had window cleaners in the past who perhaps would not have bothered. You did, and for that you demonstrated your worth to her. She will probably remember that and prove to be a good customer if you give her the chance. If it were me, I would stick with it, and prove to her over a period of time how much of an asset to her you are.

John 
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

big J

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 08:13:36 am »
I would say good call in going back. as others have said it could go various ways she is looking to get rid ..you will soon know. or she could just be happy to know that you took an onterest. In one of my previous businesses  this type of customer sometimes felt so guilty that a they do not complain again just in case....... or recommend you to thier friends as that man that looks after you ...only time will tell
modern day methods ......tradtional values