Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Cant Make up my mind.
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2009, 09:13:16 pm »
Without sounding too pompous i think this is the new model.

I'd personally say YOU HOPE its the new model, you cant possibly say it is when you havent given it a decent road test.

You hope, cos thats the option youve opted for.

Id personally say you'll be very very lucky to plumb a decent bod for the first time of trying. If the blokes got any nouse you wont see him for dust once the housing business re-invigorates itself, plasterers earn 3 times what you're paying him (or there abouts).

peter holley

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2009, 09:42:00 pm »
Wether to take a young lad part time , with me,

or work my butt off a bit longer, until its got to a point where i can send someone capable , out alone with a van etc.

i dont really want to pay someone part time , just to make my working life easier, if it does not pay dividends,.... it has to make me more money !

but i understand two people in one van , will never double the amount of work one man does..... so i dont just want to break even ...(paying  someone part time)

in other words. , staying on the same income , but working life made a bit easier

if you get my drift. ;)

which way did you guys go , when you reached break point.?

yes WE DO.... ok not quite double turnover.... but when you take away the  running costs of another van etc .... it works out more... PLUS... i get to keep an eye on things..... ;)

the only thing i can say is that it takes about 6 months to get a guy to know your round and fully up to speed  :D

matt

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2009, 10:36:09 pm »

Matt

So i presume you were flat out? Forget all that guff about working with someone and loneliness, this was your chance to access what your upper earning ceiling was.Go on then, tell us, what was it, and how would it change your life if you were able to earn that every single day?And then tell me what you are waiting for?

to be honest clive, it was never about testing the water and seeing what the potential was, it was purely about me trying to catch up, afterall some of my work hadnt been done since oct, dont foget i had 3 weeks off in oct/ nov for my trip to orlando, then we had a fair bit of rain, then it was christmas, then i had my hernia op, so it was just that, trying to catch up
as earning went, he got what he earnt ( which was fair enough as it was a favour to help me out ) what would i earn if i had a guy on with me, i bet my income would increase by 30 - 50 % ( assuming i paid about 10 quid a hour )

geefree

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 05:49:43 pm »
Slumbuster,

you are taking someone on so you dont fall behind, so you are at the crossroads then, i reckon,... its an investment for sure...(and a headache)...and i wish you well,

but like i said , i dont want to take someone on, and give them some of my cash, so i can take it easier....when i could keep the cash and work as i am....

i want to push us both on ,so we are both run off our feet...and making  50-60% more money.....

i dont worry about catching up.... if you are full, you cant !...but i aint behind....

so what are your guys views on the move forward into employing?

people who are doing it now, and at what point did you start.... and did you take part time or full.  ;)