Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Chris Cottrell

Re: Wagtail Flipper
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 10:38:08 am »
Trouble is. they only do 'em 14" & up.

I cut 1 down from 14" to 10" just take a pair of scissors to it and sew the end up again

Good idea. ;)

Make sure you leave an extra 1" on it when you cut it cos by the time you turn it inside out and sew it up you loose 1/2"

s.w.c

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 11:55:37 am »
im glad i kept my old trad gear i kept a 10"and 14" set, the only thing i sold was my ramsey double pointer and wish i never did,

Rob.Hall

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 03:10:04 pm »
They are great. Takes a little getting used to though.

On insides you dont have to move everything of the cills as you can normally use the angle on the flipper to get into the corners. I just move the stuff on the cills forward to give enough room for the flipper to get behind.

Only comment: the aplicators dont last nearly as long as the trd ones.

macmac

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 10:00:00 pm »

I reckon you could make your own out of an old applicator sleeve, my wagtail mop looks like an old rag! ;D

NWH

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 10:05:32 pm »

I reckon you could make your own out of an old applicator sleeve, my wagtail mop looks like an old rag! ;D
You can i did this and it is better you can make 2 from 1 sleeve,you need to make sure you sew in the ends otherwise they will start  to thread everywhere.

macmac

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 10:25:02 pm »

You can i did this and it is better you can make 2 from 1 sleeve,you need to make sure you sew in the ends otherwise they will start  to thread everywhere.

First thing I did was ditch the wagtail rubber, it looked like it had been cut by a blind man! hard to get an end clip in though, any suggestions to hold pulex rubber in?

NWH

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 10:39:09 pm »
Any rubber should go in and grip like the 1 that came with it,i use Ettore in mine when i use it.

macmac

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2009, 08:40:31 pm »
Another problem IMO with this tool is the channel is curled back too much so you need to be carefull of the angle which you use it as the rubber's edge looses proper contact with the glass.

Anyone else find this?

« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 04:41:40 pm »
So would this wagtail be suitable to be used just as a squeegee to blade off HIGH indoor windows but wet with them a separate mop beforehand? to avoid using a set of steps etc? and to be able to work round obstacles etc?

macmac

« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 04:54:51 pm »
So would this wagtail be suitable to be used just as a squeegee to blade off HIGH indoor windows but wet with them a separate mop beforehand? to avoid using a set of steps etc? and to be able to work round obstacles etc?

Yes, they also make one without the added mop bit, just a squeegee. If you've ever used a swivel on your wfp it has the same effect.

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 05:02:54 pm »
Just ordered it from WCW  ;D

I thought it would help with this

and this

I ordered the one without that flappy dangly bit , by all accounts it doesnt hold much water, and this place gets hot on the inside.

ftp

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 05:37:37 pm »
Err, you could have ordered the flipper and just unclipped the dangly bit when you don't need it.