Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

[GQC] Tim

Re: elbow and wrist pain
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 10:35:16 pm »
1.7/2lp min, you must be on a job alot longer than me fella

How can you tell if you do not have a clue how much water you use?  ???

At 2lpm, you have a proper flow rate.

macmac

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 10:45:51 pm »

That would depend on which jets you were using.

NWH

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 11:17:09 pm »
If your using enough water scrubbing and rinsing on glass is all that is needed i find,some WC`s scrub and scrub and then rinse off the glass with so little water it seems to take an age to do just 1 window.Plenty of water and a good scrub covering the glass is all that you need on most of your work,i always rinse on with an SL or Tucker in the past type brush,i`ve rinsed on and off in the past an then looked at the results and there`s no difference in the end result in my experience rinsing off is wasting time and putting strain on your body resulting in golfers elbow etc.

eclipse

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 11:20:39 pm »
Had tennis elbow for over a year tried just about everything including dog oil lol

the only thing that eases the pain a little is a glass of cider and a hot-tub turned up to 39 degrees

well thats what i tell the wife anyway

[GQC] Tim

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 11:26:04 pm »
1.7/2lp min, you must be on a job alot longer than me fella

How can you tell if you do not have a clue how much water you use?  ???

what setting do you use on your eco flow/ varistream ? I gues syou use 100 psi pumps

I will give it a test to see 2l sound low to me, I could well be wrong on this totally if I am will hold my hands up if I am, as said I clean water is a cost yes but not a cost i worry about as I have tanks in the vans to do as I want. Therefor I have not tested as I do not run out out water, 650l per van is plenty for one person I have found

Oh yea I do fully agree, I'm not on a water meter, so I don't bother too much.

Settings on the Varistream with the 100PSI shurflo is 9 for the shutoff pressure, and 3 for the flowrate. I usually use 2 though for normal cleans.

I don't understand why people skimp on water either, it takes so long. With perfect beading glass it's so quick if you have got proper flow rate. :)

woops, I think I'm derailing this topic a bit, sorry.  :-[  :)

windowswashed

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 10:52:09 am »
I use 'Rinse on' technique (with brush head fitted with a decent swivel neck connection), to minimise wrists movement to reduce Repetitive Strain Injury, (putting pressure on tenons and ligaments unnecessarily).