Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jacko

ufindus.com
« on: June 29, 2005, 11:34:29 pm »
A saleman from above Web directory keeps phoning up to talk me into into registering. Free web-site worth £400??!! and £27 per month for enhanced listing.

He says the site is being advertised on ITV and Sky.

Anyone encountered these people?
Or seen any ads?

Cheers....

david_claxton

Re: ufindus.com
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2005, 11:50:35 pm »
Nope and........nope. I would steer well clear. I've had an influx over the last two weeks of people offering free listings etc etc. Not interested, It doesn't work. Beware of those who say they offer so much.

stevegunn

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 07:55:53 am »
I asked the same question a few weeks ago steer well clear

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8106.0#msg60698

jacko

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2005, 08:43:04 am »
Steve, thanks for that, i was not hooked up to the net at the time & missed your post.
I am steering W E L L clear of this one...

Doug Holloway

stevegunn

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2005, 09:09:59 am »
You can do it free with these people

http://members.freewebs.com/

John Kelly

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2005, 09:39:50 am »
Ufindus.com are advertising on TV, can't remember if it was mainstream or satelite. I had a discussion with one of their reps explaining why I wouldn't be signing up. They are still pestering me.
The problem is there are so many advertising mediums about, your message is being diluted all the time. At one time it was yellow pages and that was it.
Still think YP is worth it as most people I ask still tend to use it and it is even more important to work your own database. Keep in touch with your customers on a regular basis because they'll forget who you are. Surprisingly you are not the most important person in their life :)
Blood hell I'm staring to sound like Joe Polish!